About the role
Your new role
As a Care Advisor you will be responsible for:
- Promoting and empowering consumer participation and choice through the provision of effective, responsive, goal focused and outcomes based support to Home Care Package recipients.
- Working with clients and their informal networks to ensure their individual needs are identified and supported, including communication, cultural needs, personal values, preferences and chosen lifestyle.
- Effectively managing a caseload of clients, ensuring monthly targets are achieved in regards to contact hours and building new business.
- Working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to ensure outcomes are achieved in line with client goal directed care plans, and service objectives.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Appropriate Qualification recognised by the employer compliant with Australian Qualifications Framework (e.g. Bachelor of Social Work /Diploma of Case Management and/or Community Services /Nursing/ or related field)
- Experience with Case Management in particular managing a caseload of clients from goal directed care principles
- Financial skills to effectively develop and monitor package expenditure for a variety of clients
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as a member of an effective team
What we offer
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, disability worker exclusion scheme check and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Care Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.