About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time | Ongoing opportunity
- Based at Dandenong with travel across Melbourne’s south east suburbs
The Case Manager provides high quality case management support to vulnerable children and young people aged 0-18 years who are unable to live with their own families. The program supports clients in both voluntary and statutory foster care. The Case Manager works closely with families and carers to ensure desired outcomes are achieved in the context of the child or young person’s needs and case plan.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a Diploma of Community Welfare Work or equivalent qualification. A tertiary degree in Social Work or Psychology would be advantageous.
You will also have:
- A sound understanding of relevant regulations and legislation including the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
- Demonstrated experience in delivering consumer-centered case management support to children and/or young people
- Ability to develop and maintain comprehensive case notes, client files and reports in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close Tuesday 27 October 2020
Get in touch
Fergus Browne – Team Leader, Home Based Care
T: 0428 640 538 (during business hours)
Please quote in application: Case Manager – Home Based Care via Pro Bono Australia.