About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Based at Doveton
- 2x part time opportunities available:
- Part time 0.6 FTE (45.6 hours per fortnight) | Ongoing
- Part time 0.9 FTE (68.4 hours per fortnight) | Maximum term to 30 June 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for two Case Support Workers to join our unique Enhanced Therapeutic Contact Service (ETCS) Program. The program provides supervised contact visits for children in the child protection system, who have been removed from their parents’ care due to concerns of abuse and/or neglect. The program works with children and young people aged 0-18 years.
The Case Support Worker is responsible for supervising and recording family contact visits, setting up and cleaning up the site between scheduled visits, and participating in contact planning and review meetings. The role also provides transportation for children and their families as required.
During the COVID-19 period, this role will require flexibility to keep staff and clients safe. Strict adherence to PPE and hygiene protocols is required for all direct client service delivery. A combination of working from home and on site will be necessary.
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having a Diploma qualification in Community Welfare or a relevant discipline (minimum). Qualifications in Social Work would be advantageous.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience supporting and actively engaging vulnerable children and families
- Understanding of the Best Interests Principles and the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005
- Knowledge of child development – ages and stages
- Demonstrated ability to identify and assess risk for children aged 0-18
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to develop clear and concise written observation records and case notes
- Willingness to work flexibly to suit the needs of children and their families
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Support Worker – Enhanced Therapeutic Contact Service via Pro Bono Australia.