About the role
Full-Time Role, based in Ntaria (Hermannsberg), NT
- Total Effective Package (inclusive remote allowance): $80,296 – $83,931 + super
- Full time, contract ending 30 June 2021 (with the view to extend based on funding)
- Accommodation and amenities included
- Vehicle for work purposes provided (personal use can be negotiable if applicable)
Lutheran Community Care not only offers rewarding career options but a wide range of employee benefits including:
- 9.5% superannuation
- Five weeks’ annual leave (NT only)
- Relocation assistance up to $2000 (where eligible)
- Generous salary packaging to increase your take home pay
- A strong commitment to Professional Development
Do you love a good sunset? Have you always wanted to escape into the outback? Do you understand the importance of a good BBQ? Are you a deep listener who works respectfully and wants the opportunity to learn from, and share your knowledge with, Ntaria – an Aboriginal community 130kms from Alice Springs?
If you answered yes to the above questions then working in the Intensive Family Support Services (IFSS) program, Ntaria, NT may just be for you.
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) are looking for a Case Worker with a case management or social work background to work in our wonderful IFSS team.
The Intensive Family Support Services (IFSS) program is funded by the Department of Social Services to reduce child neglect by increasing the capacity of families, parents and caregivers who are encouraged to make changes to appropriately support their child’s safety, development and wellbeing.
You will have;
- Practical understanding of strengths based family intervention approaches.
- High level of communication skills (listening, verbal and written).
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within an Aboriginal community
- Skills in case management, assessment and referral
- Aptitude and sensitivity in working with and supporting families at risk.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Related qualifications at Certificate IV level (or above) e.g. Community Services, Social Work, Children Services, Health etc. or willingness to obtain
- Commitment to extending and updating own skills
- Demonstrated ability to function as a cooperative member of a team to achieve team objectives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Relocation assistance and accommodation may be negotiated. Any offer of employment is dependent upon a current and satisfactory National Police Certificate and NT Ochre Card (youth). A current and unrestricted Australian Driver’s Licence is also essential.
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) allows Public Benevolent Institutions (PBI), such as Lutheran Community Care, to offer special tax concessions. These concessions allow an employee to salary package a maximum of $15,899 from their gross salary each Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) year.
Lutheran Community Care values all its staff, students and volunteers and ensure they are well supported through paid maternity and paternity leave, an Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service, access to internal and external training opportunities, annual staff conference and professional development days, annual volunteer celebrations and an innovative and caring culture.
Applications for this position should include a Cover Letter, Resume and a statement addressing the Responsibilities and Duties specific to the role as set out in the Job Description.
About the organisation
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) provides community services on behalf of the Lutheran Church in South Australia and the Northern Territory in urban, regional and remote contexts. Our vision is "Strong, caring communities inspired through the love of God" and our key values are respect, integrity, compassion, humility, faithfulness and trust.
We seek to address poverty and injustice and embrace all people regardless of language, culture, ethnicity or religion. We support communities through responding to the needs of individuals and families, community learning opportunities, accommodation and support. Current programs include family support and education, foster care, financial wellbeing, homelessness and refugee services.
How to apply
To apply and for more information about Lutheran Community Care and a Job Description see www.lccare.org.au
Applications close 1st November 2020.
Please quote in application: Case Worker, Intensive Family Support Services via Pro Bono Australia.