About the role
The CEO leads a small team of employees and oversees an extensive state-wide network of
This is a high-profile role within the wildlife sector and the CEO builds and maintains strong and
positive relationships with all levels of government, members, volunteers, donors, sector partners
and other stakeholders.
The CEO provides strong and clear leadership for the organisation. They ensure the organisation is
agile and responsive to changes in the external environment.
- Day to day operation of the organisation (Strategy development and execution, financial and risk management, operations, incident management, communications, technology, people leadership)
- Develop, implement, and evaluate business plans, budgets and strategies
- Deliver the targets and outcomes in the organisation’s Strategic Plan.
- Oversee the wildlife emergency response service and other activities of Wildlife Victoria.
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders including State and local, governments, key government departments and key sector participants.
- Build and promote the Wildlife Victoria brand.
- Achieve regular media exposure for relevant issues and concerns affecting the wildlife rescue and care sector.
- Attract competitive grants, philanthropic funding and corporate supporters.
- Oversee effective stewardship of Wildlife Victoria donors and supporters.
- Foster an organisational culture that welcomes and supports diversity.
- Provide leadership for a small team and large volunteer base.
- Ensure the board of management is kept fully informed of all relevant matters, including those that may have a material impact on the organisation’s activities or that carry a risk.
About the organisation
Wildlife Victoria is a medium-sized registered Charity that has provided the Victorian community with a Wildlife Emergency Response service for over 30 years. The organisation has a small number of paid staff and a large number of volunteers.
Please click here to find out more.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please click the 'Apply Now' and send your CV with Cover Letter addressing the essential selection criteria to our Board Chair - Catherine MacLeod.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If you have an enquiry regarding this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) via Pro Bono Australia.