About the role
- Multiple positions available; Part-time/full-time
- NFP Salary Packaging increasing take home pay; Generous employer PPL scheme
- Leading organisation in youth mental health
An exciting opportunity for passionate General Registered/ Clinical Psychologists to come and join our friendly team at headspace Craigieburn or headspace Melton.
About the role and its impact
We are seeking applications for clinicians to join our multidisciplinary teams at headspace Craigieburn and headspace Melton. As part of the multidisciplinary team, these Clinicians will provide focussed psychological strategies tailored to meet the individual needs of young people aged 12-25 years within a community based mental health care setting, and funded through the Better Access to Mental Health Initiative (Medicare), and where appropriate, Targeted Psychological Services (TPS, previously ATAPS). Responsibilities will also include assessment and crisis responses, clinical interventions, and clinical processes.
General Registered / Clinical Psychologists are all encouraged to apply. Multiple part-time/full-time (0.8 – 1.0 FTE) fixed term positions are available for 12 months initially, with the possibility of renewal subject to funding.
Remuneration will be commensurate with skills and experience of the successful candidate; NFP generous salary sacrificing opportunities are also available to the successful candidates.
Please refer to the two individual Position Descriptions below for the selection criteria and other duties, skills and experience required for each position.
To be considered you will need:
- Approved tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline and eligibility for membership of AHPRA or the appropriate professional body:
- A degree in Psychology or Social Science (Honours, Graduate Diploma) from an accredited tertiary institution and a Masters or Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology.
- Full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Clinical Psychologist with a current annual practicing certificate is mandatory.
General / Registered Psychologists
- A degree in Psychology or Social Science (Honours, Graduate Diploma) from an accredited tertiary institution.
- Full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Psychologist with a current annual practicing certificate is mandatory.
- Registered as an eligible provider with Medicare (or eligible for full registration).
- Knowledge, experience, understanding and passion for the health and wellbeing of young people.
- Sound knowledge of and demonstrated experience in clinical practice and therapeutic interventions within the mental health field, ideally with young people experiencing mental health disorders and in particular, clinical risk management.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality assessment and evidence-based psychological interventions, within a stress-vulnerability and recovery framework for young people.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of mental health disorders including the developmental stages of young people and the impact that this has on their development and the impact on the family/significant others.
- Awareness of relevant legislation/policies and issues informing health and other services for young people and families.
- Demonstrated commitment to clinical supervision, education, training and ongoing professional development.
About the organisation
Orygen is the world’s leading research and knowledge translation organisation focusing on mental ill-health in young people. Find out more on our website.
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services. Find our more on the headspace website.
Orygen is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, developing and retaining our staff irrespective of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community. We strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, access to NFP salary packaging and an employee assistance program.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Clinicians - Clinical/ General Registered Psychologists via Pro Bono Australia.