About the role
We are seeking an exceptional and highly motivated professional to join our Development (fundraising) team. Based in Perth, the role will suit a talented early- to mid-career professional who wishes to help save Australia’s wildlife and great natural landscapes by mobilising philanthropic support.
Your key responsibilities will be to build and manage a portfolio of generous individuals who support AWC through tax-deductible donations and help manage AWC’s philanthropic grants program. You will also
co-ordinate and host bespoke supporter events in remote locations around Australia as well as functions and events in major cities. You will require:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (a winning personality!)
- Experience engaging with high net worth individuals and senior decision-makers in the corporate or government sector.
- Exceptional written skills and a proven ability to write compelling grant applications (or business cases, or similar).
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to coordinate and manage complex events.
- A genuine passion for saving Australia’s wildlife and a strong work ethic.
- A willingness and ability to travel to capital cities and to AWC sanctuaries for extended periods of time (three to five weeks).
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the ongoing growth of an innovative, successful organisation which is helping shape the future of conservation in Australia. A competitive remuneration package is available for a candidate with suitable professional, commercial or fundraising experience.
About the organisation
Australian Wildlife Conservancy (AWC) is the largest private (non-profit) owner of land for conservation in Australia, protecting endangered wildlife at 30 sanctuaries in which we own or manage in partnership, covering a total of more than 6.5 million hectares in iconic regions such as the Kimberley, Cape York, the Top End and Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre. With a focus on practical land management, informed by world-class science, AWC is implementing a dynamic new model for conservation.
AWC’s mission - to deliver effective conservation for all native animal species and their habitats - is achieved by:
- Operations -delivering effective large-scale land management including fire management, feral animal control, weed control and infrastructure management.
- Science -delivering a nationally-coherent program of ecological surveys with a focus on monitoring key conservation assets and threats, conducting applied research relevant to wildlife conservation, implementing conservation programs including reintroductions, and providing advice to management.
- Fundraising -mobilising finance (primarily, tax deductible donations) from the general public and philanthropists including through effective communication of AWC conservation programs.
OneAWC is defined as ‘a cohesive, engaged, collaborative, high performing group guided by strong, effective leaders. A group of people who all understand AWC’s mission, vision and their role in contributing to the achievement of mission and vision, all connected and working towards a common purpose, guided by a set of shared values’. The delivery of AWC’s mission is highly reliant on all AWC working collaboratively with each other.
To learn more about AWC’s sanctuaries, please visit our website www.australianwildlife.org/sanctuaries/
How to apply
Angela Bowman – Senior Executive, Development & Grants
email@example.com | 08 9380 9633
Applications via: click 'Apply Now' or australianwildlife.org/work-with-awc/careers/
Your application must include a detailed covering letter outlining your suitability for this role, a copy of your CV and a sample of persuasive writing that you have written (ie. grant application, business case, or similar).
NOTE: applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. If Shortlisted, you will be asked to complete a short grant-writing exercise in advance of your interview.
Closing date for applications: Friday 30 October 2020
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen/permanent resident or have a suitable visa in place that allows ongoing full-time work in Australia, in order to apply for this position. Sponsorship is not available.
- If you apply for this role, AWC will include you in its ongoing updates and communications about its events, activities and fundraising initiatives. You may opt out of these communications at any time.
Please quote in application: Development Executive (Perth) via Pro Bono Australia.