About the role
Bobby Goldsmith Foundation (BGF) is Australia’s longest running HIV charity, established in 1984. BGF provides practical and emotional support to people living with HIV (PLHIV) of all ages, sexual orientation, gender identity and CALD backgrounds through a range of services including case management, casework, financial advocacy, health and wellbeing, community support and alcohol and other drugs programs.
BGF is focused on being agile and adapting to the changing needs of the people they support to ensure their services remain relevant and accessible, to all areas of geographic need, and include the provision of services to clients who are supported by NDIS and My Aged Care packages.
Benefits & Culture
- Make a significant impact on the lives of PLHIV
- Equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe, inclusive workplace
- Much more than just a job, it’s a chance to be part of a community of like-minded individuals
- Generous salary plus sector specific packaging available, laptop and mobile phone provided
Reporting to the CEO, and as a key contributor within the BGF executive leadership team, you will provide strategic leadership to develop, drive and implement relevant and innovative client services and health promotion programs which empower and support PLHIV to thrive and live well.
You will build and lead a highly engaged and productive team to deliver exceptional client focused results and you’ll ensure:
- provision and delivery of high quality social, psychosocial, physical and financial health programs
- support services for BGF clients through the NDIS and Aged Care programs
- strong and effective relationships with service, sector and funding partners
- the ongoing development, design and implementation of program improvement initiatives
You have a health service delivery background, a track record in strategic program planning and development, and a leadership style that ensures a team culture of performance, collaboration and respect. You demonstrate a strong understanding of, and sensitivity to, contemporary issues faced by PLHIV and you also bring:
- client management experience
- knowledge around health systems, models of care, services and funding streams
- sophisticated relationship and stakeholder management skills
- experience managing new initiatives through grant acquisition processes
- success leading through organisational change
- tertiary qualification in a relevant human services, social work, community or management discipline
If you are passionate about the ongoing provision of support for PLHIV, please click apply to submit your resume and cover letter responding to the skills required, or contact Louise Furlong on 02 8243 0570 to discuss.
BGF is an Equal Opportunity employer, and encourages persons with a lived experience of HIV to apply.
Please note that there is no formal closing date for this role. Early applications are encouraged and suitable candidates may be shortlisted for interview as applications are received.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Director of Client Services via Pro Bono Australia.