About the role
ABOUT THIS ROLE
YWCA Australia is currently seeking a dedicated Equality Rights Alliance Project Coordinator to join our Communications Team. This role is offered on a part time (30.4 hours per week) basis on a maximum term contract ending on 31/03/2021 and is based in our Canberra office, however we are open to considering other locations. There is an expectation this contract will be extended subject to renewal of funding.
The Equality Rights Alliance (ERA) Project Coordinator is responsible for managing or assisting in the delivery of ERA’s various projects in line with the annual work plan. The role also works with the ERA Program Manager to support the ERA membership, conduct events and consultations and establish and maintain engagement with external stakeholders.
The work of ERA is conducted in accordance with the Guiding Principles and Working Methods of ERA.
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of feminism and gender equality and/or relevant tertiary qualifications (eg public policy, gender studies). Experience or understanding of the needs and rights of a diverse range of women desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in policy, advocacy or communication in a directly relevant role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of policy development processes at all levels of government.
- Experience in building professional networks and strong stakeholder management skills.
- Capacity to work with diverse groups of women and identify and address barriers faced by women from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to travel for work purposes both within and outside Australia.
- Demonstrated positive attitude with an ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated team player with a creative work ethic.
- Results focused, self-motivated and a self-starter who goes above and beyond.
- Excellent communication skills with a high level of integrity.
This position will require the applicant to satisfactorily complete a national criminal history record check and hold the relevant state based working with vulnerable persons permit prior to employment.
About the organisation
ABOUT YWCA AUSTRALIA
YWCA Australia is a feminist not-for-profit organisation focused on improving gender equality for women, young women and girls. Together we challenge the systems, structures and policies that act as barriers to women, especially young women, achieving their full potential.
Our evidence-based programs and services aim to be inclusive of all women and offer support with housing, homelessness, safety and wellbeing. We aim to positively impact the lives of more than two million women, young women and girls by the end of 2023.
How to apply
INTERESTED? APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
Please address the selection criteria in a Cover Letter to be considered for this position.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 30th October 2020
Please quote in application: ERA Project Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.