About the role
(Part Time Fixed Term)
Enjoy the benefits of working with a growing organisation offering career development, flexibility and an attractive annual salary package.
VincentCare Victoria is seeking an appropriately-qualified person to take on the position of Financial Counsellor. The scope of the role is to provide Financial Counselling which assists clients in financial difficulty to address their financial problems and make informed choices. Financial Counselling provides direct case work or one-on-one intensive support, including the provision of information, advocacy and/or negotiation; referrals to other services; community education; and networking/liaison with relevant service providers.
VincentCare Victoria is an award winning organisation established to provide a range of accommodation and support services to people that are facing disadvantage throughout metropolitan and regional Victoria.
Our aspiration is to be the leader in providing care, hope and advocacy for those facing disadvantage. Our purpose is to create opportunities and lasting change for the most marginalised. VincentCare is well equipped to provide a continuum of services that effectively meet the needs of people experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
Inner Melbourne Community Hub provides a range of accommodation and support services, including crisis accommodation, drug and alcohol case management, and adult outreach.
Working with VincentCare:
A key strategic priority is attracting and retaining skilled and committed employees aligned to our values. VincentCare has over three hundred dedicated, talented and enthusiastic staff working across a range of programs and services and offers a number of benefits including:
- Career Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Packaging
- Choice of Superannuation fund
- Family friendly and flexibility
- Study leave
- The Ozanam Scholar Bursary
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to the principles of social justice and aim to ensure every individual is treated with dignity and respect regardless of their cultural background, ability, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation or religion.
- Diploma in Community Services (Financial Counselling) – Mandatory
- Be a member of, or to be eligible for membership of, Financial Counselling and Consumer Rights Victoria association.
- The position requires the ongoing possession of a valid Victorian Drivers Licence (with no suspension or restrictions) for a motor car.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in delivering financial counselling to clients within a community or not-for-profit organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients in a respectful manner that respects diversity, equality, choice and client participation.
- A well developed understanding of the issues and needs facing people who have experienced or are experiencing homelessness, including family violence, mental health, Alcohol and Other Drugs, disability, trauma and non-financially related legal issues.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the principles of social justice, human rights, self-determination and empowerment.
Phone enquiries may be made to Justin Bennett Acting Manager Health and Treatment on 0427 251 434
Applications close: Friday 13th November 2020
VincentCare welcomes applications from people from diverse cultural & linguistic backgrounds including people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Intersex, Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander.
All appointments within VincentCare Victoria are subject to satisfactory completion of a police check and character/performance reference checks. Police checks will be undertaken for the selected candidate prior to any job offer being confirmed. Police checks are also undertaken on a periodic basis during the period of employment.
All appointments are subject to disclosure of any relevant employment history of formal disciplinary action for improper or unprofessional conduct taken by current or previous employers or any other integrity body within or outside Australia.
The incumbent for this position must have and maintain a current Victorian Working with Children Check or equivalent.
About the organisation
How to apply
How to apply:
Applicants must submit their CV together with a detailed and separate response to each of the key selection criteria in the position description which is available through the attachment above.
Please submit your application through our website at https://hcm613.peoplestreme.net/vincentcare/erec_external.asp.
Please quote in application: Financial Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.