About the role
- Based in Bankstown (currently working from home)
- 12 months fixed term contract role – Maternity Leave cover
Working closely with DCJ and other government and non-government organisations this role will deliver culturally responsive services to children, young people, foster carers and their birth families in a manner consistent with the SSI Multicultural Child and Family Program model and internal policies.
This role is ideal for a self-starter who can work autonomously and efficiently manage their time, whilst also working as part of a team to deliver outcomes and support the Foster Care team.
If you are a passionate Caseworker with previous experience in child protection or providing support to children, young people, foster carers and their birth families with an aim to achieve positives outcomes, we’d like to hear from you !
- Undertake child and family case work including foster care assessments, planning, placement support, monitoring and reviews within timeframes.
- Develop, implement and review children and young people’s case plans and carer development plans within time frames
- Work closely with partner agencies such as DCJ and various other service providers to ensure successful outcomes for children and their families
- Match children and young people with foster carers
- Provide information, advice and support to foster carers
- Contribute to the cohesion and support of team members and assist with home visits, assessments and the use of your language skills (if applicable)
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills & experience:
- Tertiary qualification in social work, psychology, welfare/community services or a related discipline;
- Demonstrated experience of working with vulnerable children, young people and their families with an understanding of current child protection legislation and family support services;
- Demonstrated skills in writing high quality assessment reports;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build long-lasting relationships;
- A full unrestricted NSW drivers licence;
- Bilingual in Turkish, Arabic or Vietnamese is desirable but not essential
If you have previously worked with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and you have an approachable nature coupled with strong administration and written communication skill you will succeed in this role.
About the organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with people with a refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability, youth and children and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
About the Multicultural Child and Family Program
Every child has a right to a safe, happy and permanent home connected to family and community. We do this by strengthening children through culture. SSI delivers a specialist out-of-home care service that provides a culturally appropriate model of foster care for children and young people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds aged 0–18 years. Wherever possible, we support children to remain connected with their culture, religion and language, an approach that has been shown to lead to better outcomes for children
What we offer at SSI
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take home pay!
- Currently working from home and returning to the office next year, where we will continue to promote flexible working arrangements and work/life balance;
- ADO (fortnightly accrued days off) – currently on hold due to covid;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
How to apply
Please ensure a detailed cover letter and your resume is attached to your application.
All employees will undergo a National Police Clearance and a Working with Children Check as a condition of employment.
SSI will provide reasonable adjustments in our recruitment processes and in the workplace.
If you require a reasonable adjustment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Vimla on 02 8799 6700.
Please quote in application: Foster Carer Recruitment & Assessment Case Worker via Pro Bono Australia.