About the role
The Intake and Linkages Coordinator is jointly responsible for the delivery of the NDIS ECEI approach in the BSL ECEI partner regions. This position will form part of a specialist early intervention team delivering office, phone and community based family centred information and support services in line with the NDIS ECEI approach.
The Intake and Linkages Coordinator will assist families of children 0-6, who have developmental concerns to connect with supports and peer networks that facilitate living an ordinary life. This includes
- being the first point of contact for families within the ECEI team,
- gathering initial child and family information,
- providing linkages to universal services in a families local community
- providing basic entry screening
- scheduling appointments for further ECEI assessment and supports
- data entry and reporting to meet NDIA requirements
Attractive salary based on skills and experience plus superannuation.
- Relevant qualifications in community development, early childhood or similar field
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective and supportive relationships and liaise across all levels both internally, externally and with people with disability and from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience in customer facing environments that support or provide service to the community
- Proven strong community development knowledge and experience with the ability to build and maintain effective community partnerships
- Demonstrated understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme, the ECEI approach and early childhood best practice principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competency in Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work in a highly flexible, dynamic and changing environment with well-developed organizational, time management skills and ability to prioritise, manage workload effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and effectively as part of a team to achieve outcomes
- Ability to effectively use, identify and suggest improvements for the use of technology in the workplace
- Understanding of and empathy with the values of the Brotherhood and the NDIS.
- Lived experience or awareness of the impact of existing or acquired disability upon individuals, carers and community
- Networks within CALD or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Customer service focused
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Intake & Linkages Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.