About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Based in Fitzroy
- Full Time, Maximum Term (until June 2021)
About the opportunity
We are looking for a Key Worker to join our Cradle to Kinder program within the Child, Youth & Family service area with Uniting. In partnership with Melbourne CityMission as the lead agency, the Cradle to Kinder (C2K) Program provides long term support to highly vulnerable young parents and their families.
C2K is a whole-of-family service response of pre-birth support, intensive and longer term interventions and casework support until children are four years of age. It is aimed at supporting young pregnant mothers (under 25 years) where a report to Child Protection has been received for their unborn child or where there are a number of vulnerabilities and significant concerns about the well-being of the unborn child.
The service aims to build parents capacity to not only provide for their children’s health, safety and development but to build self-reliance and sustainability through access to education, training and employment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Development, Youth Work, Psychology or Social Work and/or an equivalent relevant tertiary qualification(s)
- Demonstrated experience in family services, youth work, early childhood services social work or a related field
- Demonstrated understanding of the Best Interests Case Practice Model, Common Risk Assessment Framework (Family Violence) and Children, Youth and Family Act (2005).
- Extensive skills and experience in casework with vulnerable families, including capacity to engage families, to establish effective helping relationships and experience with families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and Aboriginal families.
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking assessments that identify needs, strengths and risks in families and individuals.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Thursday 22 October 2020
Get in touch
For more information about this role, please contact Amie Turner – Team Leader, PAKT – email@example.com
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well-being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We seek to work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Key Worker, Cradle to Kinder via Pro Bono Australia.