About the role
- $100,000K + Superannuation
- Attractive benefits include salary packaging & staff health &; wellbeing programs
- Supportive team / Hawthorn location
As the Mental Health Manager your understanding of quality clinical care and clinical governance for
community-based mental health services combined with your strong ability to effectively manage
people and budgets will see you excel in this role. This is a unique opportunity to work with like-
minded colleagues who are all aligned to their cause and an organisation who have experienced
significant growth over the last two years.
A little bit about YOU! As the successful applicant you will have notable experience not only in the
mental health sector but also in leading a team as this role will see you supporting a team of approx.
25 professionals based across 3 sites Hawthorn, Ringwood and Doncaster to provide a safe and
quality service to consumers.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Staff and self-management development
- Budget and performance management
- Program delivery and development including operational leadership of the mental health
- Clinical governance and clinical risk management
- Work alongside senior managers to develop client centred, goal directed programs and
outcomes with multidisciplinary components
- Recruitment and induction of new staff
Your background will include:
- A current national Police Check
- Working With Children Check
- Australian Driver’s Licence
- Tertiary qualification in a mental health discipline (such as psychology, social work, mental
health nursing, family therapy, alcohol and other drugs, or related field)
- Relevant training and demonstrated experience in a management role within health care
To be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate through interview previous
experience of 5+ years in a similar role where you have managed staff to successful outcomes. Your
strong people leadership skills and ability to develop and nurture partnerships with key stakeholders
including community groups and other consortiums will positon you for success.
Additional benefits include monthly accrued days off and salary packaging benefits as well as staff
About the organisation
Access Health and Community is an established community health service who advocates and
promotes a consumer-centred approach. They support their consumers to meet their personal
health goals whilst working collaboratively with other health professionals to provide holistic,
integrated care. To help them continue their important work, Access Health and Community are
seeking an experienced operational Mental Health Manager to join a multi-disciplinary team.
How to apply
Suitable applicants are encouraged to apply. For a confidential discussion please contact Vicki Stavrou on (03) 9252 2239 or Louise Della-Negra on (03) 9252 7826 alternatively
click on apply now! Please ensure you include a cover letter.
Please quote in application: Mental Health Manager via Pro Bono Australia.