About the role
- Leading Community Services organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Flexible and supportive work environment
- Ongoing | Full-time/Part-Time position
- Mount Waverley and/ or Ringwood location
About the opportunity
As a Support Coordinator at Uniting, you will assist participants to work towards the identified goals in their NDIS plan by navigating the NDIS service system, making informed decisions and obtaining the resources and support they need and want.
Using an individualised approach, you will plan, develop and coordinate services for NDIS clients by:
- Liaising with internal and external services to maximise participant outcomes.
- Planning, developing and building capacity in individuals to manage their own supports.
- Listening, understanding and mentoring participants of NDIS.
- Monitoring and reviewing plans and goals in consultation with participants on an ongoing basis.
- Providing support and assistance as appropriate to relevant parties.
- Establishing and developing strong relationships with NDIS and other community and mainstream stakeholders.
We are looking for people who are passionate about supporting people with disability to build their capacity to manage their own supports and make informed decisions to achieve the goals outlined in their NDIS plans.
- You will have demonstrated experience in the role of a Support Coordinator and an excellent understanding of NDIS legislation and guidelines and how they relate to managing an NDIS plan.
- To be successful in this role, you will have well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to prioritise competing demands and manage your time effectively.
- You will be proficient in the use of technology and systems including Microsoft Office suite, Client Management systems and other online platforms.
- The role requires the ability to work autonomously, with a high degree of initiative and problem solving skills and to be able to achieve and maintain monthly billable hours KPI’s.
- A qualification at Certificate IV or diploma level in a relevant health / social science course are the minimum professional requirements for a Support Coordinator.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today by uploading the below as a part of your application.
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Thursday, 29 October 2020
Get in touch
If you would like more information about the position– please contact
Collin Mullane, Team Leader – Support Coordination
T: 03 9051 3044
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Visit us:.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: NDIS Support Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.