About the role
- 12-Months Maximum term contract (Full-time/Part-time position)
- East Kew/Prahran/Cheltenham location
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Flexible and supportive work environment
About the opportunity
As a Support Coordinator at Uniting, you will assist participants to work towards the identified goals in their NDIS plan by navigating the NDIS service system, making informed decisions and obtaining the resources and support they need and want. Using a person-centred approach, you will plan, develop and coordinate services for NDIS clients by:
- Liaising with internal and external services to maximise participant outcomes.
- Planning, developing and building capacity in individuals to manage their own supports.
- Listening, understanding and mentoring participants of NDIS.
- Monitoring and reviewing service plans and goals in consultation with participants on an ongoing basis.
- Providing support and assistance as appropriate to relevant parties.
- Establishing and developing alliances with key NDIS and health networks, community agencies and services.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have the ability to work autonomously with a high degree of initiative and to work cooperatively as a member of a professional team are essential in this role.
- Have demonstrated experience and knowledge in supporting people with complex needs or disabilities from diverse backgrounds and an understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to prioritise work and manage your time effectively and be confident in the use of computer software including MS Office, the internet and email.
- A minimum of Certificate IV or diploma level in a relevant health / social science.
- Knowledge and experience in using of client data bases. (preferred)
- Knowledge of regional community resources / professional services which support individuals. (preferred)
- Previous experience is support coordination in a community setting. (preferred)
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover Letter
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
- Address the core selection criteria mentioned in the position description)
Tuesday, 10 November 2020
Get in touch
Carly Gibson, Manager Mental Health Support Services Metropolitan
T: 0419 115 848
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: NDIS Support Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.