About the role
0.6FTE , 70K p.a pro-rata plus super and salary packaging
RFDS Victoria are now welcoming applications for the brand new position of Philanthropy Coordinator. This part-time role will provide comprehensive administrative support to the Philanthropy Manager across a range of areas within the philanthropy and fundraising space, including preparing written communications and acquittals, drafting of trust and foundation proposals and executing estate administration for bequest donors.
Requiring a mature-minded approach, this Philanthropy Coordinator will be able to engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders, nurturing and developing these relationships to provide the exceptionally high standard of donor care that RFDS Victoria is renowned for. Database management and researching skills will be essential in this position, as will the ability to stay organised and manage competing priorities whilst remaining flexible and responsive to the needs of our donors and stakeholders.
Please note that this position will initially be work from home, however ongoing flexible working arrangements can be negotiated with the successful candidate in consideration operational needs and ongoing COVID restrictions.
- You have a passion for helping others and understand the mission of the Flying Doctor, as such you are able to demonstrate a high degree of presentation and professionalism in your daily dealings with both internal and external stakeholders.
- With a background in communications, fundraising, philanthropy or research you are able to demonstrate excellent written communication skills.
- Your ability to actively listen is something you pride yourself on, you’re able to process conversations to develop strong relationships and nurture them to provide an excellent standard of care to donors and external stakeholders while constantly looking for opportunities to further the success of the Flying Doctor Philanthropy team.
- As a values driven individual you’re able to demonstrate a professional approach to your work and are passionate about helping others.
- A strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritise and stay organised while remaining flexible and responsive to changing needs are skills that come naturally.
- Working within a supportive and inclusive team is important to you, you enjoy working collaboratively and aren’t afraid to offer or ask for help.
- Technology, adapting to new programs, database management, using CRM’s and working within the Microsoft Office suite of programs is second nature – you pick up new systems with ease and ask for help when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum 5 years’ experience within a similar or relevant position
- Background in communications, fundraising, philanthropy, administration or research
- Experience working within the NFP sector desirable but not essential
About the organisation
Proudly serving Australians since 1928, the Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) provides emergency aeromedical and allied health services for people in rural and remote Australia. We strive towards improving the health and wellbeing of our rural communities and believe in creating opportunities so all Victorians have the choice to access essential primary health care services.
How to apply
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an iconic Australian charity that promotes a supportive and inclusive working culture, offers a flexible working environment and attractive employee benefits.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you and you’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of regional and rural Victorians send through a copy of your resume and a cover letter ( applications received without a cover letter won't be considered) outlining your suitability for the role by COB Friday 30th of October, 2020.
Please note that due to large volume of applications received RFDS will only be contacting those shortlisted for interviews. We reserve the right to close this ad prior to the advertised date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
RFDS is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.