About the role
GetUp is looking for a Philanthropy Coordinator to coordinate major and middle donor philanthropy in support of a more fair, flourishing and just Australia.
As someone who is super organised, data driven and loves fundraising, you will support our Philanthropy Director and Fundraising Manager to give people opportunities to deepen their support and involvement with the GetUp movement.
SCHADS Classification Level 4 salary range is $71,180.72 – $76,638.64 per annum (pro-rata) + superannuation, determined by relevant experience and qualifications.
This is a 12 month fixed term experimental position ideally based in Sydney.
At GetUp, we know our capacity to drive progressive change is increased when our team has a diversity of backgrounds and experience. We are always actively looking for applicants from a diverse range of genders, cultures, language groups, abilities, and experiences to apply.
Who is the Fundraising Team
GetUp’s Fundraising Team is a small, high performance team of dedicated fundraisers who create and manage meaningful and engaging experiences for the thousands of everyday people who chip in to power GetUp’s work.
The Fundraising Team helps strengthen the GetUp movement of over one million members, finding the resources that drive our impact and giving people new and interesting avenues to make a difference on key issues.
The Philanthropy Coordinator will be responsible for:
- developing and administering a strong middle donor pipeline and conversion program;
- developing and administering a process for prospect research, and conducting research via both internal and external sources;
- monitoring and analysing fundraising data;
- researching grant opportunities and supporting the application and acquittal process;
- supporting the effective management of fundraising events;
- supporting the development of the bequest and telemarketing programs;
- administering systems for high quality fundraising correspondence, donor care and engagement programs;
- supporting the fundraising team to meet its regulatory and reporting obligations;
- supervising other staff and/or volunteers as required.
You will be someone who:
- is passionate about building relationships to grow and strengthen a movement of everyday people committed to creating change on a range of progressive issues;
- is data-driven with experience applying data to donor pipelines;
- thrives on achieving fundraising goals through a combination of hard work, best practice and innovation;
- is digitally savvy, with a proven track record of using digital tools to drive fundraising success;
- is self motivated and capable of working autonomously while juggling deadlines on a range of varied tasks and projects in a fast paced environment; and
- has at least 2 years professional experience.
Bonus points for:
- a keen interest and engagement in Australian politics; and
- experience in advocacy.
If these criteria speak to you, you could be the perfect person for the job. Formal education, qualifications and extensive experience matter less to us than excellence, initiative and drive.
Please apply by 9am Monday 23 November 2020.
About the organisation
Who is GetUp
The GetUp movement is powered by the values and hopes of everyday people. We combine the power of over one million members, movement partners and a central team of expert strategists to make extraordinary impact.
We focus our campaigns on the areas our members care about most in the fields of Environmental Justice, Human Rights, Economic Fairness, First Nations Justice and Democratic Integrity. From making sure hundreds of thousands of people are able to vote in elections, to successfully stopping major projects threatening the Great Barrier Reef, or securing billions of dollars in new funding for mental health – we have a decade-long history of taking on powerful interests, and winning.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.