About the role
- Rare opportunity for a full-time, ongoing Policy Advisor in Fairfield
- 80K annual salary + Superannuation + Salary packaging benefits + leave loading
- Use your public policy expertise to advocate for better outcomes across the mental health, disabilities and carers sectors’
The Policy Advisor position is part of a small team providing applied government relations and public policy advice on issues surrounding the development and implementation of Wellways priority service delivery and advocacy positions. The position provides an outstanding opportunity to ensure the public policy and advocacy direction of Wellways are aligned with the views of people with lived/living experience, recognising that the quality of services can only be improved by the input of the people who have a lived experience of them.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring relevant policy and mental health, disabilities and carers sector developments and keeping internal and external stakeholder up to date.
- Develop policy briefs for key decision-makers and stakeholders on Wellways strategic priorities.
- Undertake industry/sector research and analysis that can contribute to policy development under the direction of the General Manager
- Public Affairs and Communications.
- Articulation of Wellways positions in written submissions and communications with supporters, stakeholders and the Australian public.
- Facilitate community, supporter and Wellways employee engagement in coproduction processes to develop Wellways public policy responses and campaigns to advocacy issues.
- Responsive engagement with Wellways supporters and other stakeholders as required.
Skills & Experience
- Relevant Tertiary Qualifications or equivalent experience
- An ability to work with culturally and linguistically diverse communities and individuals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong group facilitation capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality, accurate work to strict deadlines
- An understanding of Mental Health, Disabilities and Carers sectors and/or experience in public policy
- Experience in political advocacy and/or government relations
- A lived/living experience of mental health issues, disability or informal caring
- Pre-employment compliance requirements:
- Evidence of working rights within Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check
- Working with Children Check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-forworkers/ training-course
- Ability to salary package up to $15,899 per annum
- Receive a 17.5 per cent leave loading every time you take a holiday
- Access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development within the organisation
For a full list of our staff benefits, visit https://www.wellways.org/careers-wellways
About the organisation
We are a values based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation.
Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Policy Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.