About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remunerationFlexible work location- Melbourne, regional Victoria or Tasmania
- Part time (45.6 hrs per fortnight), Maximum Term (until June 2021)
About the opportunity
The Project Officer, Consumer Partnerships role enables a Consumer perspective at Uniting for service planning, design, delivery, monitoring and evaluation. The Project Officer supports Consumers to share their lived experience with safety and confidence to create change.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Current or previous lived experience as a Consumer of a social service (or a Carer for a Consumer)
- Relevant experience in consumer participation practice
- Relevant qualification in community development or social services field or working towards (preferred but not essential)
- Understanding of Cultural Safety and empathy for people with a diverse range of backgrounds and needs along with commitment to improving services for Consumers and Consumer rights
- Ability to provide feedback without bias or judgement
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the Key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Sunday 1 November 2020
Get in touch
For more information about the role, contact Bryn Williams- Consumer Partnerships Lead – email@example.com
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well-being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We seek to work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Project Officer, Consumer Partnerships via Pro Bono Australia.