About the role
Part time fixed term position until June 30 2021, with option of extension dependent on funding
drummond street has a fantastic opportunity for up to two part-time or full-time TPS and Better Access Practitioners, potentially working across drummond street services’ sites including Coburg, Carlton, Brimbank and Wyndham.
Depending on the primary site of your role and your qualifications and experience, you will report either to the Senior Child and Family Practitioner, Wyndham, or to a Senior Practitioner in queerspace. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the delivery of high-quality prevention and intervention services delivered in accordance with drummond street services’ public health and whole-of-family approach to individual and family mental health and well-being..
Key responsibilities of this pivotal role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing sensitive and affirmative psychological services to children, young people and adults under Better Access and/or TPS programs, including to members of the LGBTIQ+ communities of all ages and genders.
- Conducting bio psycho-social assessment of risk and protective factors associated with mental health outcomes in these communities, and developing and implementing individual case plans in collaboration with the client.
- Utilising clinically appropriate assessment measures to inform treatment and measure outcomes.
- Delivering evidence-based focused psychological strategies.
- Working with an intersectional lens to deliver services that recognise the specific experiences as well as the particular risk and protective factors for mental health of LGBTIQ+, POC and QTPOC, refugee and asylum seeker communities, and other diverse communities who are disproportionately affected by discrimination and disadvantage.
- Providing appropriate referral to both internal and external support agencies to meet bio psycho-social needs identified through the assessment process.
About the organisation
drummond street services (DS) is a not-for-profit agency that provides family services, mental health and wellbeing support, relationship counselling, parent support and education for families, children and young people that reflect the diversity of the communities across our different locations.
drummond street has over 130 years in the development and delivery of innovative services that strengthens families and communities with a strong focus on evidence-based/informed practice and across the prevention and early intervention spectrum of universal and targeted support.
drummond street has played a crucial role providing specialist support to members of the LGBTQI community for over thirty years through its Queerspace program.
In addition, drummond street delivers services across the following programs:
- Mental Health programs (Better Access/ TPS)
- Family Mental Health Support Services
- Family & Relationships Services
- Royal Commission Support Services
- Group Programs
- Parent engagement, Education & Support
How to apply
ESSENTIAL/ DESIRABLE CRITERIA
To qualify, you will hold full registration as an accredited mental health social worker or as a psychologist or clinical psychologist, and be eligible to deliver under the Better Access and TPS programs (eligibility for a Medicare Provider Number is essential). You will have a minimum of two years’ experience providing psychological interventions to children, young people and adults under TPS or Better Access and ability to provide evidence base focused psychological therapies with positive client outcomes.
This role is well suited to someone who is organised, flexible, client-focused and who can effectively manage tasks and deadlines while maintaining a high degree of self-awareness and professionalism. You will also demonstrate a positive, creative and collaborative approach to the delivery of support services.
As a reflection of our values and mission, we are an organisation that embraces diversity and delivers universal and targeted interventions to families, individuals, adults, children, youth and diverse communities. We are seeking candidates who embody these values and who have particular experience working with diverse communities and families.
Written applications addressing the key competencies and experience profile, with details of 2 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't miss this unique opportunity to join an organisation that is truly making a difference to the community by promoting well-being for life. Apply Now!!
Please quote in application: Psychologist x 2 via Pro Bono Australia.