About the role
We’re looking for a professional Senior Manager Volunteer Services with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a 12 months maximum term full-time, working 38 hours per week based in Fitzroy.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society –
a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
The Senior Manager is tasked with driving key projects in delivery the BSL State of Volunteering Report 2020 recommendations. These include the procurement and roll out of a new volunteer involvement database, as well as the development of quality and audit framework based on the National Standards for Volunteer Involvement. For both projects the Senior Manager will draw support from other central services teams including Quality, Information and Communications Technology, and Business Enablement.
- Drive the procurement and roll-out of a new volunteer management database
- Develop and implement a BSL quality framework based on the National Standards for Volunteer Involvement
- Drive the continual improvement of BSL’s volunteer recruitment processes to meet organisational deman
- Support organisational capability in volunteer management particularly internal stakeholder understanding of BSL’s risks and obligations in relation to volunteers
Salary will be $97,449.21 – $101,506.91 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for an Senior Manager Volunteer Services who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Experience in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the National Standards for Volunteer Involvement
- Experience in volunteer workforce development
- Experience in the operations and maintenance of volunteer database software
- Experience as an internal advocate for volunteerism or change in a complex organisation.
- Experience inspiring and managing teams to deliver projects
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Sasha Earle on 0427 817 426 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close: Thursday 29th October 2020 at 11:55 pm
To review the Position Description and to address the 5 key essential selection criteria please click here
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Senior Manager Volunteer Services via Pro Bono Australia.