About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time | Maximum term until 30 April 2021 (parental leave contract)
- Based at Croydon
About the opportunity
The Integrated Family Services Program supports families who are experiencing high levels of stress and difficulties that impact on parenting, family life and children’s well being. Responding to referrals from Child FIRST, the program provides assertive outreach and home based supports.
In a typical day, a Family Services Practitioner might:
- Use a creative approach to arrange a visit with a reluctant new family
- Build rapport to carry out a strengths and risk assessment in the client’s home or child’s school
- Review with your supervisor plans to support a family’s goals
- Consult with Child Protection
- Discuss a difficult case with your team members in a Reflective Practice meeting
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology
- Sound understanding of the Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 and Best Interest Principles
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking risk assessments and planning appropriate intervention strategies
- The ability to utilise a strengths-based, child-centered approach to case management
- Capacity to work flexibly and innovatively to meet the needs of families, children and young people
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter
- Current resume
Applications close Wednesday 28 October 2020
Get in touch
Natalie Worthington – Team Leader, Integrated Family Services
Andrea Nash – Manager, Child and Family Services Outer East
T: (03) 9724 2222
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Social Worker - Integrated Family Services via Pro Bono Australia.