About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Full time | Maximum term until September 2021 (parental leave contract)
- Based at Mount Waverley & other sites across Melbourne’s eastern suburbs
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Team Leader to join our eastern region Home Based Care Program. Leading a team of case managers, the Team Leader is responsible for the overall delivery, performance, development and quality of a range of home based care services including:
- Foster Care
- Adolescent Support Program
- Adolescent Community Placement
- Lead Tenant
- Residential Care Case Management
- Targeted Care Packages
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having:
- A tertiary degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in leading and developing a team within a complex service delivery environment
- Sound knowledge of legislation and regulations relevant to the children, youth & families, and out of home care sectors
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to form effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- The ability thrive in a busy, innovative work environment – being flexible in prioritising your workload to suit the needs of the program
About the organisation
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current resume
Applications close Wednesday 28 October 2020
Get in touch
Gillian Harris-Dawson – Manager, Family Preservation, Reunification & Home Based Care
T: 0403 353 516 (during business hours)
Please quote in application: Team Leader – Home Based Care via Pro Bono Australia.