About the role
- Be a part of an organisation that makes a difference
- Lead a team committed to making a difference through our Learning for Life Program
- Gippsland (Morwell, Lakes Entrance and Bairnsdale)
We are currently seeking a Team Leader to join our growing Victorian team. The role looks after three communities across the Gippsland region, including Bairnsdale, Lakes Entrance and Morwell. The role can be based in either our Morwell or Bairnsdale office.
Reporting to the Regional Programs Manager Victoria, this pivotal role will lead a dedicated team responsible for the successful implementation of the Learning for Life Program in these communities, contributing to The Smith Family’s vision. The Team Leader for Gippsland also oversees our Indigenous Advancement Strategy (Family and Student Educational Support Program) in Morwell and works in close collaboration with The Smith Family’s Girls at the Centre program in Bairnsdale.
In this key team leadership role, you will:
- Lead and support the development of your team through ongoing coaching, mentoring and development
- Work with your team to develop and maintain strong working relationships with partner schools and other relevant community organisations
- Ensure programs are delivered in accordance with the agreed practice guidelines and delivery plans
- Facilitate conversations between your team members to share best practice and to problem solve any challenges or issues
- Develop an understanding of local contexts, challenges and relevant factors to inform strategic approaches to community needs
You will be a highly organised individual with a proven history in building and developing teams. You will also have the ability to manage multiple priorities and to see projects through to completion whilst building strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
It takes a special person to be a Team leader with The Smith Family. Our successful candidate will bring the following:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications within Social or Human Sciences, Education or similar
- Solid experience in the NFP sector and working with schools
- Demonstrated experience in managing and supervising a high performance team
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven experience in developing, coaching and leading people
- Excellent organisation and administration skills
- Demonstrated experience in analysing and using data
- Experience working with and supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities/programs
- Hold a current drivers license
About the organisation
The Smith Family is a national, independent children’s charity helping disadvantaged Australians to get the most out of their education, so they can create better futures for themselves.
How to apply
Living up to our employment promise, our team members tell us that working for The Smith Family, they have great job flexibility and the ability to work alongside committed, passionate and professional team members whilst engaging in challenging, fulfilling and diverse work. In turn, our team members believe that they offer commitment to our vision, mission and values and effective collaboration with fellow team members to deliver strong performance outcomes.
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to make a difference and this sounds like your next role, please apply today!
Closing date: 4th November 2020
Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate must be prepared to undertake a National Police Check and a Working with Children’s Check. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to principles of cultural diversity. Applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are encouraged.
Please quote in application: Team Leader, Learning for Life via Pro Bono Australia.