About the role
- Full time role leading team of disability support workers in two shared homes in Hornsby
- Above award salary of $73,025 to $79,174 plus super and nfp tax benefits worth up to $6,200 additional post-tax income
- Great opportunity to join a growing organisation dedicated to training and development
We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative people who have a passion for supporting people. As a Team Leader, you will maintain a front line management role and will be responsible for leading and supporting your team of disability support workers towards our mutual goal of supporting our clients’ in the best way possible.
We are a growing organisation in one of Australia’s fastest growing industries. As a result we are always looking for opportunities to provide staff with training towards higher levels of management.
You will be leading a team of disability support workers in Hornsby, where you will be based in two share homes. You will also be asked to work from our offices in Thornleigh and Pymble on occasion.
Who we are
Unisson Disability is a dynamic, values driven organisation that has been supporting people with a disability since 1924. We are passio nate and committed to creating possibilities for the people we support to live, grow & develop their own best life, while having fun, enjoying our job within a great company environment. At Unisson Disability we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We are committed to offer a friendly place to work and a genuine, supportive team environment to grow, with a wide range of training and experienced leaders to guide you. We want to provide a ‘life changing’ experience not only for our clients but for all the people that work with us.
Our ideal candidate has
- Experience in a leadership role, managing time, planning and organizing work schedules and demonstrating initiative when working without direct supervision
- A passion and solid experience (2-3 years) working with and supporting a range of people with a disability and an understanding of their complex needs
- Excellent communication, organisation, presentation and leadership skills with the ability to coach and develop these skills in others
- High levels of enthusiasm, initiative and a positive attitude. Is reliable, team focused and committed to achieving excellence in the community service sector
- Can facilitate the development of person centred plans
- A Working With Children’s Check will be required for this role
- Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging options available (up to $15,900/pa)
- Discounted health cover
- Emphasis on training and development
- Career progression
- Collaborative and positive working culture
- Flexible working opportunities
- 5 weeks Annual Leave and above award on-call rates
All our staff are required to hold a NSW driver’s license (P2/full) and First Aid Certificate (or be willing to apply for one). As we work with vulnerable people, the successful candidate will also be required to undergo a Police Check.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Shared Living - Hornsby via Pro Bono Australia.