About the role
TRAINEE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The Trainee Development Manager will be responsible for Management of the Hotel Etico training program for people with intellectual disabilities. As a hands-on operator your warm and engaging approach will see you leading by example fostering a culture of collaboration, respect and integrity that ensures trainees, dedicated support staff and volunteers are happy, productive, motivated and meeting their goals.
The Trainee Development Manager will be the primary contact at Hotel Etico with a comprehensive understanding of each trainee’s support, personal and professional needs. They will be responsible for ensuring trainees are receiving experiences that will help them achieve their goals and create a pathway to open employment by building the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to develop their competencies and become more independent.
The broad responsibilities of the Trainee Development Manager’s responsibilities are as follows:
- Trainee recruitment, graduation and post-employment support.
- Trainee management and support.
- Support staff and volunteer recruitment and management.
- Program development, implementation and delivery.
- Reporting and compliance.
- Financial oversight relating to NDIS billing.
- Community engagement and networking.
- Work in collaboration with the other members of the management team to manage Hotel Etico’s operations.
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in a related role.
- Solid understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the disability sector in Australia.
- Demonstrated experience in managing staff and volunteers.
- Passion for training others – especially people with disability.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with experience working collaboratively and influencing across multiple groups.
- Comprehensive computer literacy
- Possess or be willing to obtain a first aid certificate.
- NSW Drivers License and willingness to use your personal vehicle for work.
- Previous experience in support work or the social and community sectors.
- Previous experience working in the hospitality sector.
This job description defines the broad responsibilities of this position which may change over time based on organisational need.
About the organisation
Hotel Etico is the place where holidays create opportunities.
Opening this November, Hotel Etico will be Australia’s first social enterprise hotel delivering fantastic holiday experiences to guests that power a program providing employment, training and live-in opportunities to people with intellectual disabilities, enabling them to transition to open employment and become more independent.
Hotel Etico will also be home to Niccoló’s Restaurant and Bar. Due to open in March 2021, the restaurant will welcome guests and the public offering a menu of authentic Italian cuisine guaranteed to delight diners.
We are building our opening team of socially conscious and committed hospitality and support professionals. This is an incredible opportunity to come on a journey with us to establish and run a hotel that will transform lives and enlighten minds while providing a great time for all.
For more information about Hotel Etico, visit www.hoteletico.com.au.
The Hotel Etico Training Program is a wholistic model of professional and personal learning through on-the-job vocational training, coaching in capacity building and carer support to facilitate a pathway to open employment and improved independence.
On-the-job vocational training will involve a combination of trainees observing their mentors and peers performing certain jobs and hands-on experience completing tasks under supervision. Through this instruction and practice trainees will develop the skills, competencies and knowledge they need to work toward becoming hospitality professionals.
Trainees will also develop on a personal level through opportunities provided in the Academy of Independence. An on-site trainee residence that will provide an informal setting to transfer the skills, knowledge and experience they have developed at work to an independent living scenario. This is achieved through a combination of coaching in capacity building by support workers and peer mentoring.
The training experience extends beyond Hotel Etico through the encouragement of reinforced learning by carers at home. This is done by ensuring trainees are provided with opportunities to put into practice what they have learned on-the-job and through the Academy of Independence.
The Hotel Etico training culture will centre around fostering a wholistic support framework for its trainees. In addition to dedicated support staff, all permanent hotel staff will not only be outstanding hospitality professionals, they will also be mentors for the young adults that participate in the training program.
How to apply
APPLICATIONS AND INTERVIEW
Applications must be submitted to Project Manager, Stella Sgambellone by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure the subject of your email is Trainee Development Manager Application: [Your Name]. The application must include your resume and a cover letter addressing the essential and desirable criteria of this role.
Applicants that are selected for an interview will receive and invitation via email.
Please quote in application: Trainee Development Manager – Hotel Etico via Pro Bono Australia.