About the role
Based in Alice Springs
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) provides a financial literacy program, emergency relief and financial counselling to Alice Springs, including town camps and remote communities within the Central Australian service area.
Based in Alice Springs, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Trainer/Mentor to join our team.
The Trainer/Mentor will help people to make informed choices about their financial position, build longer-term capabilities to budget and manage their money and provide emergency care relief to clients in need
The role will involve travel to remote communities both individually and with others to provide the Financial Capability & Wellbeing Program. Driving a 4WD vehicle over large distances is required and therefore driver training will be provided. Generous salary packaging, additional leave entitlements and access to professional development opportunities are available. O
- Provide one on one budget support to individuals to help determine their financial situation and assess their needs
- Provide emergency relief services for clients who present in crisis
- Link clients to other services such as financial counselling, family support services, counselling, etc.
- Work with the Community Development Coordinator to present non-accredited community education workshops that upskill participants with money management skills
- Encourage clients to stay motivated and monitor their progress
- An understanding of Central Australian Indigenous culture and the ability to work with people from Indigenous communities
- Commitment to extending and updating own skills
- Team player who can also work independently
All Trainer Mentors must have completed a Certificate III in Community Services Work (or higher) or have evidence that they are currently working towards this qualification. Trainer Mentors will need to complete three financial literacy education units in addition to their Diploma or Certificate and LCC will link staff with training in this space if not already completed.
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) allows Public Benevolent Institutions (PBI), such as Lutheran Community Care, to offer special tax concessions. These concessions allow an employee to salary package a maximum of $15,899 from their gross salary each Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT) year.
Lutheran Community Care values all its staff, students and volunteers and ensure they are well supported through paid maternity and paternity leave, an Employee Assistance Program, a free and confidential counselling service, access to internal and external training opportunities, annual staff conference and professional development days, annual volunteer celebrations and an innovative and caring culture.
About the organisation
Lutheran Community Care (LCC) provides community services on behalf of the Lutheran Church in South Australia and the Northern Territory in urban, regional and remote contexts. Our vision is "Strong, caring communities inspired through the love of God" and our key values are respect, integrity, compassion, humility, faithfulness and trust.
How to apply
To access the Job Description and lodge your application please go to www.lccare.org.au
Applications should include a Cover Letter which sets out your suitability for the role and a current Resume.
Applications close 1st November 2020.
Please quote in application: Trainer/ Mentor via Pro Bono Australia.