About the role
A trusted and reassuring presence in the Victorian community for more than 136 years, St John Ambulance Victoria is a for purpose organisation and driving force in the community, working for the Service of Humanity. We look to the future as a vibrant and strong organisation which exists to help those in our community who are in sickness, distress, suffering or danger.
Our desire is to serve the community further, deliver the best care possible and be a place where people are inspired to volunteer and work. We support our charitable work through a strong and diversified commercial operation, operating as a certified Social Enterprise.
About the Opportunity
Running in excess of 4600 events per year, our dedicated volunteer membership is the lifeblood of the organisation, providing first aid and medical services to those in need at public events and emergencies. As a result of increasing community demand and output we are seeking a dynamic professional with operational experience.
The Training Manager exists within the Event Health Services department of St John and is responsible for ensuring the delivery of training, both accredited and non-accredited, is provided to volunteers in a professional, engaging, timely and accessible manner.
As well as day to day management, this role will lead and have influence in projects and strategic initiatives to enhance the organisation and provide increased outputs across all metrics; training, preparing and equipping St John team members to meet the increasing and dynamic needs of the community.
Our Event Health Services team work alongside our volunteer network of over 2,500 strong. This position will be engaging with employees and volunteers focussed on building trust and relationships and bringing credible and effective training expertise.
You will also be flexible with working hours as many meetings are held regularly after business hours so that volunteers can attend.
Previous experience working with budgets/P&Ls and volunteers is highly regarded.
Essential Skills and Attributes (Selection Criteria):
- Demonstrated experience leading, developing and implementing training needs for large workforces.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116). If you possess the TAE40110, you must also have achieved the two additional units of TAELLN411 and TAEASS502.
- Strong experience and knowledge of RTO compliance.
- Flexible with working hours with some capacity to work after hours and weekends.
- Effective communication skills when dealing with internal staff, management, volunteers and customers.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, and consistent delivery of objectives within agreed timeframes.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with influence.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to be proactive and maintain motivation.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate administration, computer skills, and Microsoft Office use, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Willingness to undertake a current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
St John supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where you can pursue and achieve your goals to the fullest potential through ‘Our Safe Place’. St John offers a great culture and amazing staff benefits including career growth opportunities, training and development opportunities, tax free salary packaging options, discount cards, health and wellbeing offerings, complimentary breakfast and fresh fruit, fabulous coffee machines, team building activities, additional leave days and staff excellence awards. We also have an engaging and active social club!
How to Apply
Please apply with your updated resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria. Your cover letter statement should include how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities would enable you to achieve the key accountabilities and succeed in the position.
If you experience any difficulties applying online, please contact our People and Culture Recruitment Team by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our commitment to Diversity
St John is committed to fostering an inclusive and equitable work environment for all our people. We encourage an environment where people feel respected, safe and valued for who they are and the contribution they make to the organisation and the community. We welcome and encourage applications from people across our diverse community, especially from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) applicants.
Our commitment to Child Safety
As an organisation that regularly works with children, we at St John believe that all children have the right to be emotionally and physically safe at all times, and to be treated with dignity and respect, free from emotional, psychological and physical danger, abuse and neglect. St John is committed to identifying, mitigating and managing risk to children through a preventative and risk management approach.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Volunteer Training Manager via Pro Bono Australia.