About the role
The Behaviour Support Practitioner is a senior position and will deliver individualised strategies for people with a disability that are responsive to the person’s needs, in a way that reduces the occurrence and impact of behaviours of concern and minimises the use of restrictive practices.
You will have;
- Proven experience in Positive Behaviour Support and/or tertiary qualification that would qualify you to deliver behaviour support services.
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulations Agency (AHPRA), AASW or APS as examples.
- Substantial experience providing psychological/therapeutic services to people and children with disability.
- Broad knowledge of the support systems that people with disability may be part of.
- A sound understanding of substance use issues, addiction and dual diagnosis.
- Extensive clinical knowledge and expertise in providing behaviour assessments and demonstrate comprehensive behaviour support planning skills.
- Extensive experience in providing clinical and/or behaviour assessment, intervention and support in the disability, mental health and complex support sectors.
- The ability to demonstrate cultural competence toward participants with diverse values, beliefs, and feelings.
About the organisation
About Challenging Minds
Best described as fresh and innovative, Challenging Minds is a boutique provider of positive behaviour support and therapeutic support specialising in disability, mental health, substance use, dual disability and dual diagnosis. Since their inception in early 2019 they have been quickly recognised as a leading NDIS and Medicare registered service provider in Australia’s Northern Territory. Participants choose Challenging Minds due to their commitment to finding the most effective, supportive way to work with people wanting change. They are experts, enjoying consistent, sustained growth and are incredibly excited by the organisation’s future growth and expansion. Challenging Minds are again adding to the team with the recruitment of another Behaviour Support Practitioner.
How to apply
Salary & Benefits
Recognised as an ‘Employer of Choice’, Challenging Minds is proud of its reputation for providing a diverse, inclusive work environment. A generous salary of $110,000 p/a + Super + NFP Packaging and costs toward relocation and other benefits and allowances make this a very attractive package. This position is a full time, permanent opportunity and you will enjoy further development your scope of practice and career advancement through ongoing organisational growth.
If you have exceptional skills in the above areas and are looking for a new and exciting challenge, please make an application by clicking the ‘Apply’ tab below to submit your resume and cover letter in Word format.
Please quote in application: Behaviour Support Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.