About the role
Join a multicultural aged care service provider
- Have Xmas holiday plans? No worries we have you covered!
- Take your skills to the forefront of a historic not-for-profit organisation
- Ongoing professional development and career progression in a growing organisation
Australian Multicultural Community Services (AMCS) is an NFP organisation established by a group of visionary community leaders who were concerned about migrant welfare and wanted to ensure that non-English speaking migrants had the same access to needed services and opportunities. Fast forward 35 years and we’re proud to have continued implementing our founding members’ initial vision. Our extensive services cover every aspect of wrap-around supports as needed to keep our clients safe, connected with their communities and comfortable at home as much as possible during their senior years.
About the opportunity
Due to our organisational growth and increase in our client numbers serviced through our Home Care Package (HCP) Program, we are seeking to appoint a new Care Advisor to join our team. Ideally, you would start before the festive season, however, should you have a holiday booked then we have you covered! You won’t lose your holiday when you join us.
As a Care Advisor, you will provide high-quality case management services to our clients under the HCP program with a focus on enhancing their ageing experience and quality of life. As a service professional, you will be adept at building your relationships with clients and ensuring that all services are provided with adherence to the Aged Care Quality Standards, with a particular emphasis on ensuring that each client exercises their decision-making capacity.
Ideally, you will be an experienced case manager with previous experience working with CALD and senior populations. You will employ your professional qualifications and training in case management, community services, social working or nursing. Previous direct experience with the HCP package will be an advantage. You will be looking to join a diverse and inclusive multicultural organisation, perhaps enjoying the opportunity to engage with clients in a language other than English.
Reporting to the HCP Team Leader, you will thrive in this role as you:
- Act as key contact and advocate for our clients and their representatives
- Develop goal-directed care plans
- Continually assess, monitor and review clients’ needs
- Ensure that service provision is compliant with HCP guidelines
- Maintain accurately and up to date client records
- Work collaboratively and collegiately as a member of the team
- Apply your cultural competency skills across a proud multicultural organisation
What’s on offer:
- A role with purpose
- Great organisational culture with a diverse and inclusive team
- Opportunities for ongoing professional development and career progression
- NFP Salary packaging benefits
About the organisation
How to apply
Join our team and our organisation where you will be rewarded with our great culture and committed colleagues.
To learn more and To APPLY - please click on the button to be redirected to our careers portal
Please quote in application: Care Advisor – Home Care Packages via Pro Bono Australia.