About the role
ACON is a fiercely proud community organisation and creates opportunities for people of diverse sexualities and genders, and people living with HIV to live their healthiest lives. They are Australia’s largest LGBTQ health organisation specialising in community health, inclusion and HIV responses for people of diverse sexualities and genders.
ACON are committed to their employee’s professional development and engagement – ensuring they build capabilities with their people who have the right values, attitudes, skills and knowledge. They offer a colourful, nurturing and professional workplace.
Reporting to the Regional Manager – Norther Rivers, this position incorporates care coordination and counselling service delivery to clients presenting with HIV, domestic and family violence, mental health and other health concerns.
Specifically you will:
- Manage a caseload of adult counselling/care coordination clients
- Conduct psychosocial assessments and identify needs for short term and longer term support
- Employ a range of best practice skills to meet the needs of clients and client’s carers, including goal setting, counselling and psychoeducation
You are an experienced allied health professional who enjoys a mixed caseload. You will also have:
- Tertiary qualifications in psychology or social work and registration with relevant professional body
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in sexual health, mental health and/or alcohol and other drugs
- Skills in a number of the following short-term solution-focused interventions; Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Solutions Focused Brief Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and Positive Behavioural approaches
- Understanding of and commitment to ACON’s communities, particularly people living with or affected by HIV
ACON is an EEO employer and encourages people with HIV, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in particular, to apply.
If you are passionate about supporting people of diverse sexualities and genders, and people living with HIV to live their healthiest lives, please submit a resume and cover letter responding to the skills required above or contact Lisa Morell on 02 8243 0570 with any specific questions.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Care Coordinator - Psychologist or Social Worker via Pro Bono Australia.