About the role
We’re looking for a Case Manager in South East Region, Part-Time with a view to a Full-Time position
To provide comprehensive coordination of services for clients of the Home Care Packages Program (HCPP) according to current program guidelines and meeting the funding requirements.
To assess the physical, social, and psychological needs of HCPP clients and develop and implement individual care plans based on assessed needs.
To update and develop program policies and procedures for HCPP as required. Actively participate in continual quality improvement.
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Community Services or Bachelor in Social Work or Social Sciences.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in a Community setting or in a Case Management Role.
- Experience in the provision of HCPP and CHSP as a Growth funding instrument.
- Sound understanding of Home Care Packages (HCPP) and Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) guidelines.
- Understanding of a person-centered philosophy and Consumer Directed Care (CDC).
- Thorough understanding of Wellness and Reablement philosophy.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to coordinate services according to relevant program guidelines.
- Sound assessment and care planning skills.
- Problem-solving, decision making, and organisational skills.
- Ability to promote transparency and quality service delivery, achieving high levels of client satisfaction.
- Ability to develop and maintain links and networks with specialist services.
- Strong stakeholder management, influencing, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients who have different needs, such as people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) and LGBTI backgrounds, or people with a disability.
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people, both internal and external to the organisation, in a professional and ethical manner.
- Ability to promote the organisation’s policies and practices focused on building a diverse workplace.
- High level administrative and organisational skills.
- Excellent computer literacy skills in spreadsheets, databases, word processing programs, and software. Including E-tools, (or similar Client Management System), Services Australia Aged Care Provider Portal (ACPP), and My Aged Care (MAC) portal.
- Ability to apply knowledge in a practical and commercial manner.
- Fluent in Spanish and English and a sound understanding of the Spanish speaking communities’ history, culture, and needs.
About the organisation
United – Spanish Latin American Welfare Centre Incorporated (United) is an NFP community organisation established in 1977 by a dynamic group of recently arrived migrants and refugees from Latin America and Spain. The Agency was incorporated as the Spanish Latin American Welfare Centre. Until three years ago, the organization became widely known by the initials of its Spanish name CELAS (Centro Español Latino Americano de Asistencia Social).
For the past 43 years, the Agency has provided and continues to provide community services. For about two decades, following its establishment, the programs delivered concentrated on facilitating the settlement process of new and recent arrivals, however, as the Spanish-speaking communities aged, the main focus changed, and United began providing Aged Care Services, as well as continued to deliver information and educational community support programs.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Manager via Pro Bono Australia.