About the role
- Leading community services organisation
- Salary packaging and competitive sector remuneration
- Based at Croydon
- Position 1: Full time, maximum term until 27 April 2021
- Position 2: Part time 3 days per week, maximum term until 30 June 2021
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for two experienced social workers to join our Family Preservation and Reunification Program as part of the Families First team.
The Families First program supports families with children aged 0-17 years who have been referred by DHHS Child Protection. The program aims to address protective concerns, prevent unnecessary out of home care placement, and support children and young people to return home where placement has occurred.
The Case Worker will:
- Provide intensive short term case management support and assertive outreach
- Undertake complex family assessments
- Develop informed and creative interventions tailored to the needs of each family
- Maintain comprehensive case notes and prepare high level reports
To be successful in your application you will meet the person specification in the position description, including having:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in a field related to Social Work or Psychology
- Demonstrated understanding of a range of theoretical approaches relevant to working with infants, children, young people and families, including the Best Interests Framework
- Extensive professional experience in the field of child, youth and family services, including experience working with DHHS Child Protection
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement innovative interventions to engage reluctant families
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more about this role or apply today. Please upload the following as part of your application:
- Cover Letter (outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close Thursday 3 December 2020
Get in touch
Gillian Harris-Dawson – Manager, Family Preservation & Reunification and Home Based Care
T: 0403 353 516 (during business hours)
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Case Worker - Families First via Pro Bono Australia.