About the role
The Cash Giving Manager manages the planning and implementation of our appeals utilising a variety of channels including mail, electronic direct mail, online and telephone with the primary goal of acquiring, upgrading, cross-selling and retaining donors as part of an integrated Direct Marketing and fundraising program.
The role manages the supporter journey for our appeals and CAREgifts donors ensuring supporters receive optimal communications including timely recognition and information around impact. The position works closely with the rest of the Donor Relations Team to ensure that cross-sell initiatives are maximised and that fundraising approaches deliver the greatest long-term return on investment to CARE.
The role also holds accountability for the achievement of financial and non-financial performance targets related to our annual appeals program.
All CARE staff demonstrate a commitment to the prevention of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse and the protection of children in their work.
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximise income, reactivate lapsed donors, improve retention, ensure donor cross-sell and increase the life-time value of new and existing CARE Australia supporters across our appeals and CAREgifts;
- Develop and implement an annual business plan and budget for donor care, cash appeals, cash acquisition and CAREgifts in alignment with the budget framework and broader strategic planning of the Fundraising & Marketing Teamt;
- Work with Head of Donor Relations to develop cash giving propositions and creative briefs for appeals, working closely with external suppliers and internal marketing team to produce compelling stories, concepts, copy and design that align with CARE Australia’s brand strategy and best practice fundraising;
- Develop project plan for appeals and be accountable for campaign execution including timeline, budget and brief development/management, ensuring all internal and external stakeholders meet campaign deadlines and expenditure requirements;
- Work with Product Development & Marketing team to devise and implement campaign plans to renew and upgrade cash supporter giving through direct mail appeals, telephone fundraising and online marketing;
- Manage the briefing, control and performance management of internal and external suppliers (across creative planning, design, copy, data management, fulfilment and implementation) ensuring that implementation of each campaign is aligned to approved budgets and timelines;
- Work in collaboration with campaigns team in selecting appropriate and compelling content and photography for campaign marketing materials;
- Under the guidance of the Head of Donor Relations , develop compelling fundraising propositions for cash appeals, CAREgifts and donor care, including collaboration with internal teams to turn the propositions into creative concepts.
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of direct marketing to individuals with a proven track record of success in devising and implementing campaigns to mass-market audiences.
- Demonstrated experience or involvement in budget development and management including exceptional numerical and analytical skills.
- A sound understanding of segmentation approaches and experience of managing data-driven marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create and foster collaborative and productive relationships with internal clients and external organisations.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to develop and implement strategic and creative campaign approaches with demonstrated ability to manage and support numerous stakeholders to successfully deliver business outcomes within defined timelines.
- Demonstrated high level organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks, competing priorities and complete assignments within timeframes and budgets.
- Knowledge of CRM and Raiser’s Edge is desirable.
What we can offer you
- A flexible and supportive working environment
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 5% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
CARE Australia reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment, and/or child abuse the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer. By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Australia requesting the information specified above.
CARE Australia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from people living with a disability and/or have lived experience of disability. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
About the organisation
CARE is a leading international humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities.
How to apply
After reading the Candidate Information Pack, complete the online application form linked to the vacancy on our careers page. Please ensure you attach your CV and a cover letter explaining how your experience matches the selection criteria. Only applicants who fully address the criteria will be considered.
Questions about the role?
Please contact Alice Anwar, 0468 684 329 or firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications to this address).
Applications Close:11:59pm AEST, 2 December 2020
Please quote in application: Cash Giving Manager via Pro Bono Australia.