About the role
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will lead the development and delivery of C4C’s vision and strategy, at a unique time in the organisation’s five-year history as the successful candidate takes over leadership from the founding CEO.
Reporting to a skilled, active and committed Board, the CEO will be an empathetic and strategic leader, a highly effective communicator and persuasive fundraiser, with the networks and capacity to deliver on C4C’s ambitious goals. The CEO will have demonstrated experience with organisational & business planning and a drive to diversify C4C’s revenue streams.
ABOUT THE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fundraising – managing existing donor relationships, developing new major donor relationships and creating new funding avenues to ensure the ongoing financial security of the organisation.
- Managing staff and volunteers – currently with a small team and a large network of volunteers, the CEO will be responsible for drawing out the best from staff and volunteers alike, including managing a group of people working remotely.
- Building partnerships and community – managing existing partnerships, and building new ones including with other organisations in the climate movement, local government and businesses.
- Strategic planning and delivery – designing effective strategies to create the impact intended by our theory of change, and further developing and delivering our strategic plan.
- Planning – developing and implementing a plan (organisational & business) to deliver on our mission, with clear goals and KPIs.
- Leading, managing and growing a non-profit – managing the organisation competently with a view to growing our organisation, its scale and impact; raising and allocating resources efficiently in line with the strategic plan; ensuring the organisation complies with all relevant laws and regulations and working with our book-keeper and accountant to produce financial statements and manage annual audits.
ABOUT YOU (CORE COMPETENCIES)
- You have significant professional fundraising experience in testing and growing a variety of revenue streams, including experience with major donors, grant writing and digital fundraising. You are confident in making asks of donors and other stakeholders, and are highly persuasive.
- You are empathetic with strong emotional intelligence. You are skilled at internal and external relationship building and stakeholder engagement, including working with volunteers.
- You have previous CEO, Director or senior management experience and a proven track record in leadership roles, including in leading and managing high-performing teams.
- You are strategic and forward-thinking, and have the ability to see the big picture and identify creative ways to solve problems. You are comfortable taking calculated risks in pursuit of impact.
- You can confidently and articulately express C4C’s vision and strategy. You are a skilled written and verbal communicator, able to inspire others and communicate effectively with a diverse audience of both internal and external stakeholders.
- You have a demonstrated passion for climate action and are driven and enthusiastic about solutions to the climate crisis.
- You have experience working with diverse communities and/or those affected by climate change and environmental injustice.
Note: If you don’t meet all of the skills and experiences listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. In our experience talent and passion can trump formal experience.
HOURS, LOCATION AND SALARY
We would prefer the CEO be full time, but would consider a flexible working arrangement for the right candidate. This role is Melbourne-based only. C4C has offices located in Brunswick, with staff working remotely until it is safe to return. The salary range is $100,000 – $110,000 plus 9.5% superannuation, negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. Please contact email@example.com with any questions or to organise a confidential discussion about the role.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
About the organisation
Climate for Change (C4C) is a grassroots volunteer-powered non-profit on a mission to create the social climate for effective action on climate change in Australia. Our vision is for an Australia in which climate action is a top priority. Community, business and government unite to make the courageous and urgent changes needed to return us to a safe climate.
Our approach is based on social research that explains the way that people process information. Our flagship program, Climate Conversations, empowers people to host facilitated discussions about climate change among friends. Our volunteers facilitate Climate Conversations around the country.
We are the only organisation in Australia specifically focused on helping people to have better discussions with their peers on climate change – something that is now being recognised by experts as key to building public support for action on climate change.
C4C is an incorporated association and registered charity based in Melbourne with national operations.
How to apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line ‘Climate for Change CEO Application’ by 11:59pm Sunday 13th December with the following attachments (or links):
- A CV
- A cover letter that addresses the ‘About You (Core Competencies)’ section, and your interest in the role (max two pages)
- A two-minute video telling us why you are interested in Climate for Change. We're not recruiting a video editor, so no need to get this video perfect – you can record it on your phone or computer. If you have any accessibility issues meeting this requirement, please contact us at email@example.com
Please quote in application: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) via Pro Bono Australia.