About the role
Your chance to shape the future of food relief for Victoria. As we enter the post-COVID world this is your opportunity to join Victoria’s largest and most innovative food charity to help imagine how we can better help those most in need. We love new and strategic thinking, have a passion for engaging with our community and are committed to developing programs and people. If that sounds like you, we’re a ‘swipe right’.
- Member of the Executive team.
- Access to salary packaging.
- Positive team environment with great staff satisfaction rates.
- Commencing January 2021.
- Assess community needs and drive innovative programs to best meet those needs.
- Take a fresh look at our sector and drive innovative ideas and programs.
- Provide strategic oversight to ensure the success of our programs.
- Foster community relationships and partnerships to target programs in areas of greatest need.
- Manage a of a growing team of staff with a focus on staff development.
- Make an impact on food security in Victoria!
- Passionate about our vision of healthy food for all.
- Able to live and breathe our values of empowerment, accountability, integrity and respect.
- Significant experience in a senior management role working with vulnerable communities.
- A compassionate and insightful leader with a collaborative work style.
- Comfortable working in a complex, fast-paced, non-profit organisation.
- Tertiary qualification in public health, or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Excellent research and analysis skills.
- Ability to understand, negotiate and monitor contractual documents.
- Professional or volunteer experience with social services, foodbanking, hunger relief programs and/or community food systems work preferred.
- Knowledge of data analysis and performance/operational metrics.
- Ability to solve problems, manage multiple priorities, and move complex projects forward while paying attention to details and deliverables.
About the organisation
Foodbank Victoria is an independent not-for-profit organisation with 90 years’ experience providing food relief to individuals and families experiencing hardship. We are the largest provider of food relief in Victoria. We are Victoria’s official food relief partner in times of emergency and our Schools program has provided 10 million meals to Victorian schools with funding from the Victorian Government. Our vision is healthy food for all Victorians.
How to apply
SELECTION OF CANDIDATES:
Candidates will be evaluated on merit and measured against the requirements contained within the Position Description. Assessment will take into account all information that is determined to be appropriate, for example, written application, qualifications, interview experience and referee reports.
- Please review the Position Description attached and learn more about us on our website at www.foodbankvictoria.org.au.
- Applications must include a cover letter and resume.
- For your information we require referee details to be provided prior to an offer of employment.
- Enquiries and applications should be directed to Melissa Milner on (03) 9362 8367.
- Early applications will be given priority
Please quote in application: Chief Impact Officer via Pro Bono Australia.