About the role
- Help empower the victims of domestic and family violence
- Join a supportive team of professionals who are passionate about ending domestic and family violence in the community
- Attractive FTE remuneration circa $72,847 – $79,191 pro rata plus super and the option of salary sacrificing!
- Female identified position, as per section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991
About the Opportunity
Cairns Regional Domestic Violence Service Inc. (CRDVS) currently has a rewarding opportunity for a Child and Youth Worker to join their As Kids See It program team in the Atherton Tablelands on a part-time basis (0.7 FTE).
Reporting to the Senior Practitioner, you will be responsible for providing quality counselling and support services to children and young people, in order to reduce the impact and trauma of domestic and family violence.
More specifically, your duties will include:
- Developing and delivering appropriate face-to-face counselling, group work and crisis support for children and young people who have been affected by domestic violence;
- Utilising a variety of methods to provide flexible care according to individual needs and learning styles;
- Advocating for clients, building relationships with other organisations to provide effective services and improve the coordination of appropriate responses to domestic and family violence;
- Providing phone and face-to-face crisis support, advocacy, information, and referrals for people experiencing domestic and family violence;
- Supporting the carers of children who have witnessed domestic violence, both individually and in group settings; and
- Preparing and maintaining accurate, confidential records of client work, including case management plans, reports and assessments.
This is a female identified position – an applicants gender is considered a genuine occupational requirement as under section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991.
To be considered for this position you will hold tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Art Therapy, Counselling, or a closely related social/behavioural science-related field, with demonstrated experience in providing counselling intervention and support to children or young people.
Due to the nature of this role you will need an in-depth understanding of domestic violence and its effects on women, children and adolescents, as well as other issues affecting child welfare such as child abuse and neglect.
It’s essential that you have demonstrated experience in counselling interventions and an ability to articulate a number of theoretical frameworks including Trauma Informed Practice.
This position will be best suited to someone who is genuinely passionate about addressing and reducing domestic violence in the community, and has the resilient personality and strong coping mechanisms to do so.
Please Note: All applicants must hold, or be willing and able to obtain, a Working With Children Card and a formal Police Criminal History Check. You will be confident using a range of computer software, including Microsoft Office applications.
About the Benefits
This is a rewarding opportunity to join a supportive and flexible workplace, with a team of professionals that are devoted to ending violence in the community.
In return, you will be rewarded with an attractive FTE remuneration circa $72,847 – $79,191 pro rata plus super and the option of salary sacrificing, and benefit from an excellent work/life balance.
If you are looking for a challenging but highly rewarding role, this is it. CRDVS is proud of the high level of support that staff are given.
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, as well as Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds, are encouraged to apply.
This is your chance to help empower children and young people who have experienced domestic violence. Make a genuine difference – Apply Now.
About the organisation
Cairns Regional Domestic Violence Service Inc. (CRDVS) is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to using its specialist knowledge and skills to prevent domestic and family violence in the community and to empower those affected by it.
Established in 1987, CRDVS has grown from a small team of volunteers to become one of the first four Regional Domestic Violence Services to receive funding from the Queensland government in 1992. Led by a Board and with 25 staff, the organisation provides a free, confidential and highly professional service for family members who are currently or who have experienced, domestic and family violence.
CRDVS is a child safe organisation and all children who come into contact with their services will be provided with a welcoming and safe service.
The service is staffed by a close-knit team of qualified professionals with experience in adult and child counselling, court support and training. Their vision is clear, and at the heart of everything they do:
“Making a difference – bringing domestic and family violence to an end”
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Child and Youth Workers via Pro Bono Australia.