About the role
We are seeking an experienced Communications Officer who will work closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager to create and deliver communications strategies in support of project and organisational goals.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has demonstrated experience in preparing communications plans, media releases, blog articles, social media campaigns and case studies.
Ability to provide communications support for operational aspects such as assisting in the planning, organising, administration and delivery of communications, PR and media strategies, preparation of content, and producing and editing multimedia material for digital publications.
Assist in the planning and execution of marketing strategies including conducting market research, using branding, advertising and publishing principles and tools to take advantage of promotional opportunities.
Maintain OzHelp’s profile across a variety of social networks, ensuring that profile information is accurate, timely and engaging.
Assist in the development, implementation and update of the area’s web communications tools including website content, social media and other emerging online tools.
Assist the manager in the implementation and roll-out of marketing and communications projects, providing timely and high-quality support.
- Bachelor of Communications, Marketing or equivalent experience
- An ability to interpret and apply guidelines, policies and procedures related to marketing and communications matters.
- Demonstrated high level customer service and effective communication skills with an ability to write clearly and concisely and to consult and liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven organisational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to prioritise own workload and to work effectively both independently and as part of a team, meeting competing deadlines and delivering high quality outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience using current relevant office and marketing and communications tools.
- Experience in a health communications role
- Multimedia / digital content strengths
- Adobe suite or desktop publishing experience
Immediate start available
We are a strong and dedicated team, passionate about making a difference. We are proud of our achievements, our history and the exciting future ahead. We are driven by our mission and values. If you share our passion for what we do, our programs and making a difference then this is a great opportunity to join our team.
About the organisation
OzHelp Foundation is a leading national not-for-profit provider of mental health and wellbeing programs targeting ‘hard to reach’ people within industries with a heightened risk of suicide. For almost 20 years, OzHelp has been delivering mental health and wellbeing education and support programs and services within workplace settings. Our programs and services are now delivered to more than 300 organisations and over 40,000 participants per year.
OzHelp is in a period of strong growth and continuing to build on its successes and achievements by further expanding its work to broaden our impact nationally. This will be achieved by delivering psychological safety and workforce health through the provision of evidence-based physical and mental health training and support to high-risk industries, demographics and hard to reach workers.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria together with a current CV, examples of your work, and details of your professional work experience and qualifications.
Send to: email@example.com
Please quote in application: Communications Officer via Pro Bono Australia.