About the role
You will establish a corporate governance partnership model and will develop and execute integrated strategies and initiatives that deliver fit-for-purpose corporate governance practices.
As the sole practitioner you will roll your sleeves up to develop, refine, manage and deliver a diverse range of core governance functions including risk management, compliance, procurement contracts, policies and procedures, and capacity building.
- Looking for a role with a broad corporate governance remit and high degree of autonomy, that will draw upon your extensive experience?
- Able to think strategically and play a key role in taking an organisation to the next level?
- Wanting to work part-time?
- establish a corporate governance partnership model
- develop and execute integrated strategies/initiatives that deliver fit-for-purpose corporate governance practices
- provide coaching and support on a broad range of complex risk, compliance, legal and governance issues, offering solutions in-line with priorities and in accordance with relevant government policy, legislation, internal policies and best practice
- have strong communication skills with the ability to build productive stakeholder relationships
- be confident to hit the ground running and use your initiative to identify areas in which you can add value
- provide strategic, risk-based advice and in-house expertise on a broad spectrum of corporate and commercial issues affecting the organisation.
As the sole practitioner in a maturing organisation, you will roll your sleeves up to develop, refine, manage a diverse range of core governance functions including risk management, compliance, procurement contracts, policies/procedures and capacity building.
Was established as a Statutory Authority under the Prevention of Family Violence Act 2018 in Oct 18. Respect Victoria. Respect Victoria will deliver on the commitments legislated in the Act and the objectives outlined in Free from Violence: Victoria’s strategy to prevent family violence and all forms of violence against women. Respect Victoria is focused on the prevention of all forms of family violence for all Victorians.
Reporting to the GM Operations, you will ensure Respect Victoria conducts its business processes in compliance with relevant laws and regulations, standards, and agreed business practices. The successful candidate will be a professional with strong stakeholder management who can build the corporate governance profile and role.
Who we are looking for
- Tertiary/formal qualifications in governance, risk management, business, project management will be highly regarded
- Proven experience in governance, monitoring, reporting and advising on appropriate governance frameworks. Excellent written/verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to prepare concise and accurate reports, briefings, presentations and/or policy recommendations
- Superior conceptual and problem-solving skills and demonstrated self-management skills
- Extensive business partnering and coaching experience; highly developed consultancy and negotiation skills to assist clients in clarifying needs, expectations and outcomes; provides expert advice in a timely manner
- Strong stakeholder engagement and relationship building skills with the ability to influence and negotiate various key stakeholders.
- Strong Planning and organising: sets clearly defined objectives and priorities and operates accordingly, reviewing and adjusting as required; identifies processes/tasks and resources required to achieve a goal; establishes systems/procedures to guide work and track progress; recognises actual and potential barriers and finds effective ways to deal with them
What you can expect
- Conduct meaningful work to assist Respect Victoria to reduce/eliminate family violence and violence against women
- Ability to work part-time, 3 or 4 days per week
- A competitive salary plus 9.5% super
- A fantastic remote employee engagement program, flexible work arrangements and health and well-being initiatives
- An emphasis on work/life balance
- High-performing team environment
About the organisation
How to apply
- A cover letter which briefly addresses the key selection criteria, outlines your experience against the accountabilities and what attracted you to the role and your resume
Please quote in application: Corporate Governance Manager via Pro Bono Australia.