About the role
The Court Programs and Public Interest Law teams at Justice Connect will be brought together to form a new team from January 2021. Our new strategy aims to scale our assistance to reach more people and to strengthen our capacity to respond to emerging legal issues. It is about grouping our expertise and service offerings across multiple funded projects, using different methods of service delivery and levels of service intensity to maximise the help that we can provide in a streamlined, accessible and easily navigable way. We will focus on a more holistic approach that emphasises our ability to respond to different client needs through service design, innovation and strategic engagement.
The focus of this team is delivering a range of legal services to individuals including through Court-based services, facilitating pro bono assistance and designing and delivering self-help tools. We will also pursue strategic engagement in particular areas of focus for the team.
The purpose of this new role is to assist the team to understand in real time what is happening in the service and broader environment, informing response service planning, promotion and production of products and resources.
The Data Insights and Planning Responsiveness Lead will play a critical role in this newly formed team at Justice Connect at the time of implementing its strategy to scale and increase the impact of its work.
The role in responsible for
- Working with leaders in the team as well as across the organisation to design a series of impact and other key measures and a strategy to report on these measures
- Creating systems and approaches to deliver timely analysis to assist the service to deliver adaptive and effective responses to legal need
- Interrogating data and working with subject matter experts to understand the significance of trends and incidents identified in data
- Assisting in the production of service reports and other documents which communicate our impact in engaging ways
- Support the leadership team of the program to implement the program and organisational strategy. This may involve work to improve how the team identifies and responds help seekers with multiple issues, the way in which the team collaborates to respond to need, and how it identifies efficiencies and opportunities for impact.
- Contributing to Justice Connect’s Reconciliation Action Plan activities.
- Please view attached PDF for information regarding the selection criteria.
Justice Connect offers employment benefits including salary packaging (making part of your salary tax-free), flexible working arrangements, above award annual leave provisions and opportunities for professional development. Justice Connect is an organisation that strives to show leadership, operate sustainably and demonstrate our effectiveness. You will be rewarded with a workplace culture that is professional, committed, collaborative and creative and where you can make a real difference through your work.
About the organisation
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of Australia’s most successful public interest and social justice organisations. Justice Connect is a not-for-profit organisation with a vision of a fair and strong community in which people have a fair chance at a better life, the community sector is strong and vibrant and the legal/justice and non-legal social systems are fairer and better.
At Justice Connect, we believe everyone deserves a fair chance at a better life. Too often, our legal system is complicated, expensive and inaccessible. And when the system doesn’t work for everyone, it works for no one. It holds our community back. That’s why we use the law to help people and community groups left behind by an unfair and complicated legal system. Whether it’s a single mother facing homelessness, a local community group struggling with overwhelming regulation or an older person dealing with family violence, real-life problems so often have legal solutions. That’s why we connect people with legal help. We use the power of the law to open up the legal system for those locked out of it, and to change the system where it is broken.
The key to our impact is the passionate commitment of our people. We hold ourselves to the highest standards, driven by a desire to deliver real improvements in the lives of the people and communities we help.
With the recent development of a new organisational strategy, Justice Connect is bringing together two existing teams to form a new team focused on delivering legal services to individuals. The strategy for this team focusses on reaching more help seekers and strengthening our capability to respond to emerging legal issues. The Data Insights and Responsiveness Planning Lead will help deliver this strategy through building our capacity to use data to tell us what is happening in our service delivery, and inform our responses to legal need.
How to apply
The application process is as follows:
- Applications should be addressed to Tori Edwards, Head of Pro Bono Partnerships, Justice Connect and should comprise a cover letter, your resume, and a succinct statement outlining your suitability for the role with reference to the selection criteria
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single word or PDF file including “Data Insights and Responsiveness Planning Lead via Pro Bono Australia” in the email subject line.
- Applications close at 5:00 pm, Thursday 3 December 2020.
We know our team and our organisation is stronger with a diversity of backgrounds and experience, including lived experience of the issues we work on. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of colour, people from culturally and linguistically diverse and refugee backgrounds, people with diverse religious beliefs, gender diverse people, LGBTIQ+ people and people living with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please quote in application: Data Insights and Responsiveness Planning Lead via Pro Bono Australia.