About the role
- Take the lead in assigned strategic projects
- Drive service delivery within a cultural excellence framework
- $135K to $160K plus super, and NFP packaging
Our client is the largest organisation of its type in Australia. It is the pre-eminent provider of a range of community services programs with a particular focus on services to vulnerable children, young people and families within their target community group.
The Director of Client Services leads and provides high level supervision, professional development and support to their 3 direct reports to deliver high quality services. The position has responsibility for the effective delivery of client services in the North and West Divisions as well as the state-wide residential care program.
Ideally you identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, or if not, have worked in an organisation serving the Aboriginal community. You must have demonstrated awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and shown a commitment to continually building knowledge of such, along with a high level of awareness of the key issues which impact upon Aboriginal communities.
In addition, it is essential you have:
- Extensive experience in the child and family welfare field, the provision of services to statutory clients or a related area, and a sophisticated understanding of current issues and awareness of future directions
- Extensive experience and a proven track record on the successful management, delivery and evaluation of programs in the child and family welfare field
- Demonstrated capacity to negotiate and work constructively with funding bodies and other stakeholders and represent the organisation to a variety of stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of relevant legislation, social and government policy and evidence-based research along with the capacity to inform government polices to enhance the wellbeing and safety of vulnerable community members
You must have, and continue to hold, a full Victorian Driver’s Licence and will be required to obtain a current employment working with children check card and undergo a police check. A degree qualification in Social Work or relevant area is preferred.
The salary on offer for this role is in the range $135K to $160K plus superannuation, offered as a full time, permanent position. In addition, attractive PBI/NFP packaging is available.
This is a retained, exclusive assignment and any direct applications or referrals will be forwarded to Johnson Recruitment.
About the organisation
Johnson Recruitment is an independent recruitment and consulting firm established to assist clients achieve their business objectives through the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. We are proud to connect job seekers with a role that they are genuinely passionate about.
Our outplacement methodology is designed to achieve staffing outcomes in terms of career transition, placement and counselling/support with an appropriate framework.
Our expertise sits firmly within the healthcare, medical services, community and social purpose sectors as well as the recruitment of practice managers and support staff across all sectors.
We are relationship-focused and provide each client a superior quality service to satisfy their individualised hiring outcomes. With our understanding of the challenges driving the current market, extensive industry experience and wide range of networks and contacts, we aim to provide our clients with a trusted and solution-driven approach. Johnson Recruitment works with clients to plan and coordinate individual recruitment projects and bulk recruitment drives as well as ad hoc and unplanned hiring assignments.
We focus on best practice recruitment methodology, rather than the “transactional” feel of other firms. In fact, our authenticity and genuine nature is our defining feature. Our shared learning environment means that our clients not only gain value from their consultant but also from the 100+ years of recruitment know-how from the rest of the team to reach the best possible outcome.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Director, Client Services – Child/Family Welfare via Pro Bono Australia.