About the role
Inclusion Advisory Group: Call for expressions of interest
- Range of advisory roles available
- Box Hill headquarters (remote work available)
What we do
We’re a team of international development professionals, working alongside the disability movement to ensure that development and humanitarian programs include people with disabilities. Our goal is to influence the programs of other aid agencies to be more inclusive of people with disabilities. See more about the work of our team here: https://www.cbm.org.au/inclusionadvisorygroup
We partner with the disability movement to influence organisations, institutions and systems to realise the rights of persons with disabilities. We believe that tailored input, communicated effectively, with the right people at the table can help make inclusion a reality.
Our work is fast-paced, diverse and growing. Working with us, you might crunch data for a report, facilitate a workshop, or help an overseas disability rights organisation plan their strategy (sometimes, all in the same week).
What we offer
- A range of advisory roles – from full-time staff to consultants – depending on your fit and preferences
- Attractive salary packaging for employees
- Frequent travel (when we’re allowed) all over South East Asia and the Pacific – and sometimes further afield
- Professional development, including lots of peer learning
- You’ll work with diverse and creative colleagues who are equally passionate about social justice, and having fun at work
- You’ll be able to bring your whole self to work – we’re serious about the good vibes
- Free coffee in the office
Who we’re looking for
Our team is a motley crew with all sorts of backgrounds, from former diplomats to humanitarian workers and allied health professionals. We want to interview people who can see their experience and interest aligning with our vision. We are looking for a mix of the following:
- Lived experience of disability
- Background from the global South, especially the Pacific
- Exceptional analytical and written and expressive communication skills
- Strong initiative, strategic thinking and the ability to self-manage
- A commitment to human rights and inclusion
- A background in international development
- Experience advising government, especially DFAT
- Experience in disability inclusion, or the inclusion of other marginalised groups, in policy and programs in an international development or domestic context
- Specialist skills, such as:
- Experience in bilateral and multilateral development agencies
- Gender equality and social inclusion
- International human rights law, particularly the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Disaster risk reduction and/or humanitarian
- Inclusive economic development and social protection policy or programming
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please Click Here and include a resume and a cover letter addressing your interest in joining the team and what you have to offer. Applications close 30th November 2020 but will be reviewed as they are received.
CBM Australia is committed to workplace equity and diversity and encourages applications from Australian Residents with diverse cultural backgrounds and people with a disability. CBM Australia is committed to the safety and best interest of all children accessing CBM supported services, programs and workplace. Relevant background checks including working with children, police and reference checks will be completed prior to the preferred candidate’s employment being confirmed.
About the organisation
CBM Australia is Australia’s only International Development organisation focussed on improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest countries. As a global leader in inclusive development, CBM partners with local organisations to build and promote an inclusive world in which all people with disabilities enjoy their human rights and achieve their full potential. It does this because it is a Christian organisation committed to ending the cycle of poverty and disability. It does this through field programs, inclusive development advisory, social justice advocacy and fundraising. CBM Australia is key member of the CBM Global network.
How to apply
Please quote in application: Disability Inclusion Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.