About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Part-Time position
- Bruthen location
About the opportunity
The Early Childhood Teacher will be responsible for the operation of the Early Childhood Program. The teacher will provide leadership while working as a member of a co-operative team.
Key functions include the development of a high quality developmentally appropriate, educational program for children with a commitment to active involvement of families and the local community. The program is to be developed in consultation with Uniting Gippsland and the parents of the children attending.
The hours of this position will be 22.5 hours per week.
You can view the position description here
We are looking for a dedicated person to join our small community based early learning service at Bruthen. An early childhood teaching qualification as approved by ACECQA is essential, with prior experience in an early childhood setting. Delivery of high quality programs, empathy, resilience, good communication, a desire to work in a collaborative team environment and ability to participate in the creation of a positive team culture are a must.
For more information on our early years service at Bruthen please visit https://earlylearning.unitingvictas.org.au/find-a-service/bruthen-kindergarten/
- Post-secondary qualifications in Early Childhood Education (three year minimum) as approved by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
- Current VIT Card issued by the Victorian Institute of Teaching on commencement of employment and at the time of license renewal
- Current Victorian Driver’s License.
- Current Victorian Working with Children’s Check
- Current First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis, Asthma and Epipen training.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the following
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
- Address the Core selection criteria in the position description
Wednesday 7 October 2020
Get in touch
Sue Grogan-Williams, Early Learning Coordinator
T: 03 5152 9622
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Early Childhood Teacher via Pro Bono Australia.