About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full Time, Ongoing role based in Broadmeadows
About the opportunity
The Early Learning Coordinator is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of a group Early Learning programs.
As part of the management team within Early Learning Services, this role will support the development of integrated, innovative Early Childhood Education and Care services which are responsive to the needs of children and families within the local communities.
The primary functions of this role include:
- Foster a culture of quality improvement and innovation and ensure staff are supported to provide high quality early childhood programs
- Ensure that services operate effectively within the regulatory and legislative frameworks to meet the needs of local families and communities
- Contribute to the strategic and operational planning for Children’s Services. Be proactive in identifying potential changes that may impact on the delivery of services and identify opportunities for growth in the Kindergarten Cluster Management.
- Visit services regularly to carry out supervision and ensure the environments meet all regulatory standards, are well maintained and that any issues are reported and rectified in line with organisational policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Tertiary qualification in a relevant and related discipline such as Children’s Services or Early Childhood Education.
- Extensive experience in leading a team within an early childhood environment
- High level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Good people skills and be able to maintain good working relationships with a wide range of people
- Good time management and problem solving abilities
- Must be proficient with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and flexible in a fast paced, changing and growing environment
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Wednesday 2 December 2020
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Mandy Hurdle – Area Manager, Early Learning (North West) on 0419 334 641
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and well-being of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We seek to work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Early Learning Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.