About the role
Executice Assistant to the CEO, President and Senior Leadership Team of the NSW & ACT Jewish Communal Appeal (JCA).
Assist with company secretarial duties to the Executive Committee and Board of Governors, subcommittees and senior management.
Act as JCA Office Manager in respect of administration and governance.
Management and Company Secretarial
- Provide broad executive secretarial assistance to the CEO, President and Senior Leadership Team including diary management, travel, typing, meeting organisation, record keeping, drafting and formatting of regular correspondence and documents.
- Manage CEO’s emails and personal affairs, assist CEO in providing support to other non-profit organisations, ad hoc travel arrangements.
- Monitor schedule of meetings, attending meetings, creating agendas and taking minutes, following up to ensure that delegated meeting action points have been completed by the relevant team members.
- Assist CEO to manage priority list on a daily basis.
- Assist with adhoc research as and when requested by CEO.
- CEO invoice and expense management.
- Attend meetings after hours approximately fifteen times a year to take minutes (mainly outside office hours).
Office & Operational Management
- Reception – greet visitors to office, organise couriers as required and accept deliveries arriving at the office, distribute/open mail, organise for the mail to be posted daily, be the dedicated first person to answer the telephone and security intercom whenever possible, and monitor the boardroom bookings diary.
- Database – make every effort to ensure that the JCA database is updated with information about JCA donors that becomes apparent (whether it be detected from verbal or non-verbal communications either directly or indirectly with the donor).
- Stationery and supplies – maintain stock levels and keep cupboards tidy.
- Campaign – general assistance to the annual fundraising campaign including liaison with constituent organisations, taking bookings and donations over the phone, assisting with overflow data entry of pledges, and attending functions during JCA Campaign.
- Emails – check general JCA email inboxes and respond, delete or distribute to other staff members for a response as necessary. Update database with contact information from emails received.
- Event management support – Provide exceptional support as required with internal JCA events, including but not limited to venue booking and liaison, catering and event collateral, eg. Name badges, table places, registration lists, etc.
- Contribute actively to the creation of a happy, positive and harmonious workplace environment.
About the organisation
JCA is the communal hub of the NSW and ACT Jewish communities, connecting the needs of our community with the services that our 23 member organisations provide in the areas of aged care, community care, engagement & culture, education, history & heritage, social justice & outreach and security & advocacy. Consisting of a professional office, many passionate and dedicated volunteers and a whole community of supporters, JCA’s role incorporates planning, engagement, fundraising and facilitation to secure our local community’s vibrant future.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Executive Assistant & Office Administrator via Pro Bono Australia.