About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Fundraising and Communications Officer to plan and execute a Fundraising and Communication strategy for Mary’s House and Daisy Centre programs and services. The role is critical to revenue generation, as well as ensuring that messaging and promotion of Mary’s House and the Daisy Centre reflect and project the values and mission to all stakeholders with the purpose of building awareness and reputation of the service.
The role is permanent part-time, ideally 3 days per week.
- Working in conjunction with the CEO to develop annual fundraising and communications plans that support the revenue expectations for the organisation and effectively engage the local community
- Implement and coordinate the execution of the fundraising and communication plans on time and within budget
- Working effectively with other staff and volunteers to coordinate events and campaigns
- Manage projects and campaigns from concept to execution with clear documentation and performance tracking
- Maintaining and managing all digital assets and social platforms for awareness raising and fundraising, and promoting through SEO, SEM, EDM, advertising and analytics
- Building networks and strengthening relationships with external stakeholders including community groups, corporates, and specific demographics
- Overseeing external events and assisting volunteers and others with execution
- Supporting third party fundraising events and activities
- All media and messaging activity including
- Crafting PR and media messages
- Media relations using all types of media platforms
- Media monitoring and analytics
Essential Criteria (Experience and Competencies):
- Fundraising and donor engagement (minimum 2 years)
- Working in similar size NFP or charity
- Event Coordination
- Campaign management and tracking
- Social Media communications
Skills / Competencies
- Project management (Marketing / Fundraising)
- Managing and reporting on project budgets
- Proficient in WordPress and Canva or InDesign
- Working knowledge of CRM systems
- Digital competencies (excellent working knowledge of analytics and insights)
- Ability to write compelling copy appropriate for different audiences
- Personable and confident communicator / public speaker
- In DV or related sector, or experience of working in a trauma-informed framework
- Working with or managing volunteers
- PR / Media liaison
- Grant writing
About the organisation
Mary’s House is a domestic violence refuge located in Northern Sydney that provides residential accommodation, professional case management and other services to support women and their children escaping domestic violence.
The Daisy Centre is a physical and virtual centre where women can utilise a range of support services to help them either transition out of a domestic violence situation or provide continued support once they transition back into the community.
Services provided include: specialised case management, safety planning, specialist domestic violence counselling, group therapy, legal advice and financial counselling.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Fundraising and Communications Officer (FCO) via Pro Bono Australia.