About the role
Your new role
Sacred Heart Mission has 5 different entities which together deliver services and support which transform people’s lives. Each of these entities has a different governance structure and obligations. Working part time, you will be involved in supporting the Company Secretary function for the entities and interpreting, organising, documenting and monitoring the governance activities with the Executive and the Board of Sacred Heart Mission.
On a typical day you will be assessing, monitoring, scheduling and supporting the governance, risk and compliance activities for the entities of Sacred Heart Mission whilst maintaining the governance framework. You will support the Company Secretary function and work across the organisation with different teams and with board members to ensure governance is well managed.
We’re looking for someone
- With knowledge and experience in working with not-for-profit Boards on governance or within an organisation on governance activities
- With demonstrated experience and capability in establishing effective and cooperative working relationships with stakeholders and colleagues
- With a strong interest in developing contemporary and innovative approaches to governance
- Who is skilled in developing, communicating and maintaining policy, processes and systems that support good governance
- With experience working or volunteering in the community service sector
- With a strong alignment with the values of Sacred Heart Mission
You can look forward to
- Maximum term contract from 11 January 2021 until 13th August 2021
- Flexible part time position: 22.8 hours, or 3 days per week
- Working with a passionate team working towards a clear vision, mission and plan
- Being in the heart of St Kilda, close to public transport, great places to eat and hang out
- Option to work from home on some days each week
- Access to in-house training
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Knowing that you are making a positive difference for the people we support and the wider community
About the organisation
Your future Workplace
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
How to apply
To join our team, simply 'Apply now'.
For more information about the role, contact Suzanne Findlay, Manager Social Impact, Growth & Governance on 0427 398 379.
Closing date for applications: 5PM, Sunday 6 December 2020.
Sacred Heart Mission value and respect diversity and welcome applications from people from all walks of life. All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description. All NDIS roles will require a Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check against the Disability Worker Exclusion List (DWEL). Individuals placed on the DWEL will not be engaged by Sacred Heart Mission.
Please quote in application: Governance Officer via Pro Bono Australia.