About the role
- Fixed-term contract 12 months
- Part-time 30.4 hours per week
EDVOS is seeking to appoint a Human Resources Officer with generalist HR experience to support the HR Manager to deliver an effective and responsive HR service on a part time basis for a 12 month contract. Days may be negotiated between the successful candidate and the HR Manager.
The Human Resources Officer (HRO) is a key position in the Human Resources team, which sits within the EDVOS Corporate Services structure. The HR team at EDVOS strongly aligns with principles of integrity, fairness and equal opportunity to support a culture where people feel engaged in the work that they do and where health, safety and wellbeing is valued, prioritised and well-communicated.
With a focus on effective collaboration and a strong business partnership approach, the HR team supports EDVOS to attract, retain and develop its people in alignment with EDVOS’ vision, values and strategic priorities. The HRO will provide support to the HR Manager and acts as an initial point of contact to respond to a broad range of queries and provide well-informed and professional advice. The HRO will provide generalist HR services to support activities across the employment lifecycle.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Providing well-researched and up-to-date advice to staff and managers on a wide range of HR issues and in relation to terms and conditions of employment.
- Developing and maintaining positive and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Providing proactive support to managers in the coordination of recruitment, selection and onboarding activities for employees, students, graduates and volunteers
- Coordinating EDVOS wellbeing activities and staff induction sessions
- HR Administration tasks, including contracts administration, regular auditing of files and
- Timely monitoring of HR inbox, responding to general queries from applicants and queries from incoming students, graduates and volunteers.
- Preparation of reports, analysis and written correspondence as required
- Assisting with administration of WorkCover claims and injury management in consultation with the Human Resource Manager
- Assisting with general HR administration duties and projects on a needs basis
Essential to your success (please refer to position description for full list of key selection criteria):
- Tertiary qualification in human resources, business or equivalent with some experience in a generalist HR position
- Sound knowledge of current employment legislation
- Collaborative working-style and ability to build strong stakeholder relationships
- Highly-developed investigative and problem solving skills with the ability to objectively probe for facts, understand issues from different perspectives, critically analyse information and propose workable solutions
- Sound planning and organization skills with a focus on providing timely responses with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude whilst adapting to different ways of working and changing circumstances- working well within a team or autonomously and adjusting to and supporting organizational change
- Demonstrated understanding and respect of the Child Safe Standards and child safety principles
- Experience working within the social and community services or not- for -profit sector
- Knowledge and experience of injury management at work principles, WorkCover and return to work processes
What We Offer
- Flexible working hours and generous salary packaging benefits resulting in tax savings
- Excellent professional development opportunities including external training and workshops as well as EDVOS all staff training
- Health and wellbeing programs for all staff including yoga classes and stretch classes (currently online) as well as walk at work program
- Regular supervision and management support including access to EAP
- Internal committees (e.g. People and Culture and Quality and Safety) and working groups to support staff’s interest and expertise (e.g. Diversity, Consumer Engagement, OHS, Children and Youth)
- A rewarding opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving quality of life for women and children experiencing family violence
Salary for this position will be aligned with SCHADS Level 5+ 9.5% super.
About the organisation
Eastern Domestic Violence Service (EDVOS) is a leading specialist family violence service in Victoria. Our work is focused across seven Local Government Areas including Boroondara, Manningham, Whitehorse, Monash, Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges. Some of our training, education and primary prevention programs are national. EDVOS is predominantly funded to work with women and children. It is recognised that being female is the biggest risk factor for experiencing family violence. EDVOS acknowledges that family violence can take many forms such as intimate partner violence, child abuse, elder abuse, carer abuse, parental abuse and sibling abuse. Our specialist family violence response services are mostly directed towards women, including women from the lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex (LGBTI) communities, children, pets and other animals, who are responding to any form of family violence.
EDVOS is committed to assisting all people, regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age and ability within our community and can also provide access to other family violence services that are most suitable to the individual’s unique needs and goals.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Human Resources Officer via Pro Bono Australia.