About the role
- Based in Bankstown (currently working from home)
- Work for a leading community organisation
- Full time, permanent role, working 35 hours per week
Leading a team of caseworkers and administrative compliance team members, this role will primarily be responsible for the intake and referral processes for the placement of children from DCJ (Department of Communities and Justice NSW) and matching them with foster carers. The role will also manage and coordinate foster care enquiries, application, assessment and carer recruitment processes; this role will be required to participate in the after-hours on-call roster (shared with other Managers) to support the needs of the clients of SSI.
This is an important role within our Foster Care portfolio and we are looking for a strong leader; a passionate change maker who wants to contribute, participate, build connections and make a positive impact.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage and coordinate program responses to general Child and Family enquiries and enquiries from people interested in becoming a foster carer;
- Manage carer applications, assessment and authorisation processes; this includes home inspections, probity checks, health medical, checks and references;
- Manage and lead carer retention activities including induction & on boarding for carers and providing ongoing support and any necessary training;
- Contribute to recruitment and marketing strategies, including identifying cases for specific foster carer recruitment;
- Coordinate, develop and implement carer reviews, carer development/training plans, support strategies, annual reviews and monitor legislative and regulatory carer responsibilities;
- Ensure all data systems for Intake & Foster Care program are kept up to date and well maintained; prepare monthly data reports for Senior Management as required.
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with key stakeholders including DCJ.
The successful candidate will ideally have the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related discipline;
- Previous management experience; leading, coaching and supporting team members;
- Knowledge of child protection and/or experience in working with the OOHC;
- Excellent interpersonal, consultation, written and verbal communication skills;
- Well-developed analytical, critical thinking and assessment skills coupled with intermediate MS office skills;
- Ability to engage, build rapport and tailor communication to suit CALD community;
This is a highly technical role requiring a resourceful and innovative person with strong relationships at DCJ and the CALD communities. If you have previously managed and recruited multicultural foster carers, we want to hear from you!
What we offer at SSI
- ADO (fortnightly accrued day off) – currently on hold due to covid;
- Salary packaging options – receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take home pay!
- Role is based in Bankstown (currently working from home with some scheduled office time)
- Returning to the office next year, where we will continue to promote flexible working arrangements and work/life balance;
- Working alongside collaborative and outcome focused team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
SSI is a community organisation and social business that supports newcomers and other Australians to achieve their full potential. We work with children and young people as well as people with refugee and asylum-seeking background, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, people with disability and more to build capacity and enable them to overcome inequality.
About the Multicultural Child and Family Program
SSI delivers a specialist out-of-home care service that provides a culturally appropriate model for children and young people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds aged 0–18 years. We have a strong commitment to culturally responsive services to ensure children in care stay connected with their culture, religion and language.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Intake & Foster Care Services Manager via Pro Bono Australia.